Apple Tablet

Yeah that would be tough, but I have never had a loss of apps, I have just had screwed up apps that I had to delete and then DL the new version later down the road when the developer figured out what they were doing.

Yup for windows users there is a folder just for your mobile apps. In fact you can save those on an external drive, copy them to another computer and putting them in your automatically add folder will add them...automatically. That is how I transferred some of the mobile apps downloaded on my dinosaur laptop which wouldn't share wirelessly with my new laptop, just hard transferred them over.

OK, cool, that works.

If you're using a Mac, in your iTunes folder on your hard drive, there should be a folder that says something like mobile apps or whatnot. Assuming you didn't delete the apps off your hard drive, all the apps you've purchased through that computer, along with the transferred one, should be there. Back on iTunes, go to "Add to Library" and direct to that particular folder and you should see them back on your computer.

I imagine the procedure will be similar on a Windows machine, but I don't use one at home, so I don't know for certain.

EDIT - It should work similarly for other things from iTunes (songs, TV shows, etc.), you'd just need to find the appropriate folder(s).

OK, I figured out why this happened. I have two libraries on my computer, one with local mp3s (original "itunes library") and one that points to the lossless music on my external harddrive ("external portable library"). When I previously transfered my purchases to the computer, I had itunes open with the "itunes library." When I plugged in the ipad today, I had the "external portable library" open. :palm: I am an idiot.

Funny that we are hesitant to software update. I thought software updates were supposed to be a good thing...only apple

Edit: update improves wifi connectivity issues and other bugs. My first iPad had major wifi issues but I had it replaced with a new one. I believe if you still have one of those ipads with the reported wifi issues this update fixes it.

Anyone that plans on or already has a jail broken iPad should NOT update.

Edited by recstar24

I got the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB connector only - bought from ebay) today, it works fantastic with Pico DAC or DAC/AMP. One question: do you know if this usb connection will charge something like the Pico Slim or Sansa Clip, or ipod? I am not sure what kind of power you would get from the ipad dock/usb.

Apple needs to come up with an easier way to re-download trashed, deleted, or otherwise inoperable (paid) apps/content.

I know we already talked about this but just noticed the iBook app has a tab for purchased items where you can re-download them. App store really should have something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB connector only - bought from ebay) today, it works fantastic with Pico DAC or DAC/AMP.

I got notice today that my camera connection kit shipped, two weeks ahead of when they said it would, but over a month from when I first ordered it.

I took a deep breath and updated to 3.2.1 last night. Would've skipped it, but I've had trouble auto reconnecting to my Clear Spot wifi. It won't reconnect after standby unless I leave the wifi unprotected. Weird, because the password protected wifi is fine with my old home router. I'll see later today if it helped.

Yup, the update helped a lot! The iPad locked right into the password protected Clear Spot wifi signal the first time, and has been on every time all morning! I didn't even have to enter the password - it must have remembered it from all the previous attempts and stored it as a key. Definitely worthwhile, if you're having wifi issues.

good news, I finally found an ipad to buy! It wasn't the exact one I wanted but close enough and it's done. It works great as a vnc terminal :)

Ill have to wait for the camera kit until they're more easily available.

Congrats, welcome to the club! I love the vnc function as well, and have stopped carrying my laptop because of it.

Yup, the update helped a lot! The iPad locked right into the password protected Clear Spot wifi signal the first time, and has been on every time all morning! I didn't even have to enter the password - it must have remembered it from all the previous attempts and stored it as a key. Definitely worthwhile, if you're having wifi issues.

Never mind. It was great all morning, but all afternoon, I keep having to go into the wifi settings to pick the network, then re-enter the password. Blah.