Apple Tablet

the parts of the gov't I've worked for (DOC and DOD) both had mac clients for the cisco vpns we used. There aren't many vpns that don't support mac at this point. As to billing software, that should be a good candidate for parallels :)

Sorry, I should have said - I am running parallels and am very happy with it!

Regarding our vpn - it is, in fact, cisco, but the web site with the officially sanctioned software we are allowed to use does not list any mac compatible versions. It also stated very clearly that no other software is allowed, and could, in fact, be against Federal law, and we will come after your first born, cut off your privates, etc... I actually emailed them and left voicemails asking for a Mac version of the vpn, and got the usual response ... {crickets chirping} .... silence ... no response. When I actually got a human being, I was told that I wasn't even allowed to access the system off site at all, so what are you talking about? I told him I got the Windows version vpn software from the official VA web site w/ instructions included, so it must be allowed. He said to not say anything more, otherwise he'd have to come after me, and he didn't want to do that. I said thank you, and hung up.

I do know that the DOD uses different software than the one we use for the VA hospitals, making it impossible for us to access any health records created during their military time. They are trying to merge the systems, but neither side wants to back down to make the switch to the other.

There's excess security regarding computers at the VA's right now, because there have been several incidents of employees nationwide walking home with VA laptops containing HIPAA protected info on them (against VA policy), then having them stolen, and thus losing several million HIPAA protected Vet's names/ssn's/diagnosis, etc... Seems unrelated to what I want to do, but hey, does that matter?

Your Federal tax dollars at work ...

Aristotle, never Plato.

Aristotle, of course. A northern Greek. And, I thought you had soul ... so disappointed. I should have known when you shunned the grits at breakfast. It's all good, though, because we need pure intellect for the cause, too. You ARE in for the cause, no? Silly question, of course you are ... you BE the cause (in the headphone fora world .... let's not get carried away here) But you need we simpletons to augment the bright light of knowledge with the round, puffiness or feeling, intuition, and the muscle and sinew of willing soldiers.

Lead on, you worthy greek.