Apple Tablet

Got mine. The screen is pretty damn impressive. Putting some HiDef on now to try it out.

I also didn't realize Verizon was going to offer a 10GB per month plan for 30 bucks more than the 5GB plan.

Edited by VPI

Also got mine in the mail today and so far very impressed! Screen doesn't make a huge difference in many apps but huge improvement on reading and browsing the web!

On a side note this thing gets quite a bit warmer than my iPad 2 on the left side with regular use. Anybody else notice this?

I'm able to connect to my 5.8ghz network, which is nice. The screen really is stellar. The drawback to that marware case I got is the camera hole isn't QUITE lined up, but honestly, not a huge deal.

I haven't turned on the wireless data yet.

I need to get case. Right now, mine is naked. I bought an "Apple" Smart Cover from Amazon marketplace but I think there is a good chance that it is a fake so I am sending it back. Maybe I will head over to the new Houston store (not in the mall and right next to the grocery store I shop at - yay!!!) tomorrow. It might be a little crazy considering the grand opening was today.

Sonofabitch my new iPad won't charge on my old iMac. With my Nuforce iDo digital dock it won't show it's charging unless I plug it in while it's asleep and then wake it up after that.

My Macbook Pro with powered USB hub won't charge it like with my iPad 2. The Macbook Pro does charge it directly from the built-in USB, making me have to unplug the USB DAC that feeds my powered speakers.

However, while I'm using it plugged into the iDo or Macbook Pro it stays at 59% charge, instead of climbing a percentage or two over a few minutes (it doesn't drain, but it doesn't fill up either).

I assumed the bigger battery would increase charge time about 50%, but not make it harder to charge. Silly me.

When showing 'not charging' is it still doing so, just at a slower rate than Apple recommended, thus the wording? My first gen shows that with some ports, but still climbs overnight.

x2

Got mine today, just backed up the old iPad1, and transferred to new.

Really, really much, much faster than iPad 1. So glad I got this. Screen is really nice. I doubt I'd have switched from iPad2, though I wonder if the increased RAM makes a big difference for me, since I have over a thousand calendar and contact items in there and surf with multiple tabs all the time. Maybe not, who knows.

Is it worthwhile to give it a good long first charge, or is that only for NIMH and NICAD batteries?

Thanks, Jacob!

Been using it all day mostly for calendar functions, and I notice the touch sensitivity is much more discrete. I can control what time I'm point at to a much finer degree. I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if this affects game play, as well?!