Apple Tablet

Dinny,

My wife found her mini to be really slippery and ended up getting a hard shell/smart cover combo.  I think it's a case made by Speck and the smart cover is the offical Apple version.  She likes it quite a bit, other than the mini smart cover not being nearly as functional as the full sized version due to the cloth hinge.

Of course he dropped it today, but fortunately nothing happened, not even a dent. However, it means it is now time to invest in a more substantial case.

Dude, Al got to Apple last week, don't you know they can't sell 'em no more? Hurry up and get Apple Care.

Sent from mah phone-blet via Tapatalk

I have never had Apple not give me a new replacement for stuff I broke.  Laptop, iPad, batteries well after the end of warranty.  I never even have AppleCare.  You guys are obviously doing something wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have never had Apple not give me a new replacement for stuff I broke.  Laptop, iPad, batteries well after the end of warranty.  I never even have AppleCare.  You guys are obviously doing something wrong.

Same with me.  Every time I've ever had a problem, I just walk in and they take care of it.  "Oh, that new screen will cost you $900. No, sorry, it's not covered under AppleCare.  But let me see what I can do for you, Santa."  It does have its perks...but I did get the 3-year AppleCare coverage on my new 15" MBP Retina, just to be safe.

I know it's not exactly a "news flash" but the retina resolution is crazy good.  I ran an HDMI cable from the laptop to the 50" Panasonic VT25 that's in the bedroom of my motorhome.  The TV is so close to my viewing position that my feet can touch the bottom of it, and I've always loved watching movies in there for the full immersion effect it has.  Didn't think it could be any better.  

Nope!  I was wrong.  The retina display blows it away, and I'd imagine that would still be true with the latest and greatest plasma displays (realizing, of course, that the VT25 is no longer the end game).  Makes me wonder how the retina display would compare to a ZT60.

Edited by Wmcmanus

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited about the retina mini. With the A7 it should be a big upgrade both in form factor and performance from the 3rd Gen Retina-pad I am upgrading from.

Gotta hand it to apple on their updates to the big ipad too. While some thought they might launch it with some sort of A7x chip with extreme performance, they took the alternate route and decided to chop down the thickness and weight (presumably by chopping down the battery). This was probably the right move.

I'm a bit surprised to see that we don't have gold versions of the ipads like with the 5s. After all, we all know that gold is best.