A 3 way Dynalo

Bidoux

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to start another thread here but maybe someone will know what I'm looking for. As you might remember, I built a Dynalo, it has been cased since.

So it sounds quite good, but the real question is: could it sound better ?:chair:

Here comes the idea to build a three way Dynalo with active ground, just like B

sorry, not much into 3 ways ....

Yeah sure! Your wife is reading this, isn't she?

Reminds me of a funny little story...

I once worked with a guy who kept hounding his wife to have a 3 way (never a good idea). After about a year she finally relented, I think hoping it would get it out of his system.

So he goes to a bar and finds a suitable candidate...brings her home...has the 3 way.

Next day he's totally excited, telling me how his wife got really into it. So he's thinking 3 ways are gonna be a new way of life for he and the Mrs.

Instead within a month wifey discovers she's a lesbian and runs off with the girl.

True story!

Edited by swt61

I don't think the Dynalo/Dynahi architectures can run at a gain below 5 or so (IIRC?). Like they said, go balanced if you want improvements, although from the pics you posted on HF, I would do a better PSU (can you say sigma22) first. It will make a difference.

Yeah better power supply seems to matter the most for the amp having gone through a gilmore lite v2.. a gilmore v2 and now a balanced gilmore reference.

Thanks for the answers everyone ! I should have asked a ground channel for the dynalo :P.

I heard Morsel (MMM and PPa team I think) saying that someone shouldn't go balanced with is MMM since it has already a ground channel. Amb's creations are made to run three channel (MMM, Mini^3, B

Thanks for the answers everyone ! I should have asked a ground channel for the dynalo :P.

I heard Morsel (MMM and PPa team I think) saying that someone shouldn't go balanced with is MMM since it has already a ground channel. Amb's creations are made to run three channel (MMM, Mini^3, B