NC Coast Mini Meet 9/12 Kure Beach NC (just south of wilmington)

grawk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very very thankful to have been there. Dan could not be a better host and I could not have hoped before to have been surrounded such great company. The gear, food, and especially the alcohol was epic. I wish all meets I attend could be even close to matching this one. It was really great actually being able to meet you all in person.

There was gear? :confused:

There was gear, but it was in Wales. Alongside a generous side dish of humble pie.

Maybe some portable stuff. :D

JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad. JH13s are bad.

Honestly I'm not up at half 1AM when the whole house is well into their beds. And honestly I'm not sitting here listening to the JH13s. Ansd honestly they're not good at all. Adn honestly they're not going to be a whole haggis better when proper customs even though I've spent like 6-7 hours +/- xyz% Bullshit over the last few days having my eartube raped by scrunched up foamies. And honestly I'm not staying up so late that I'm in very great danger of fucking up everything as far as getting home is concerned just in order to be able to hear more. And honestly the JH13 universals are not th best thing I heard on the audio side from this whole meet aside from the R10s.

Honest.

I only noted one JH21 in attendance and no pics. I am suspicious to say the least.

Quite so.

We have to say there was gear so that next time Tyll can join us.

Were my shirts not enough? It occurs that because Brent pinched the camera for the velocity trip that there might not be any pictures of me in my churchgoing best. Shock and horror.

A most excellent time was provided by our host, the attendees and especially the international fugitives.

Indeed.

I am very very thankful to have been there. Dan could not be a better host and I could not have hoped before to have been surrounded such great company. The gear, food, and especially the alcohol was epic. I wish all meets I attend could be even close to matching this one. It was really great actually being able to meet you all in person.

Well I think the fact that you came to a 12-5 meet and ended up staying until the following afternoon sums up just how fucking amazing this was. A toast to Dan from the Glencairn!

There was gear? :confused:

By gear he means more booze.

This weekend (this whole last week) has been fucking awesome.

Indeed!

This was such a kick ass meet.

I had a truly great time.

I concur. I had an absolute blast. It was especially nice to have the long 3 day format, such that none of us were in any particular rush to do anything in particular. Sure, there was gear, there was beer, there was music and a beach and bullets, but mostly just a bunch of goofy people to hang out with. Although I've never eaten electrostatic donuts before, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't enjoy them.

I've now made it to Tulsa and jumped in my pickup at the airport, then headed to the U of Tulsa to hang out at the law school library to catch up on the work I didn't get done this weekend. In about 3 hours, I'll be dropping off a package at FedEx and heading for the track at Hallett for AtomFest! Figured I'd better get the work done before the fun or the beer will interfere (yet again).

I liked the SS302 and I liked Amarra, even though I tried hard not to like either one. I could hear differences between Amarra on and off, but these were definitely not even single-blind as I had not drunk enough at that time. I see change in the future :palm:

The HD800 sounded excellent out of Ari's balanced amp. I think I am becoming more and more a tube guy.

The JH-13 sounded OK :chair: