AMP3 DAP/AMP/FM in-depth review (long)

HiFlight

AMP3_1.jpg

AMP3 DESIGN PHILOSOPHY:

The AMP3 is the first product to be introduced to the audio marketplace by Hisoundaudio, a China-based company that, by their own description, is dedicated to producing audiophile-grade players that incorporate the oriental concept of music and art being inseparable.

The AMP3 is designed to address the audio shortcomings of the current portable audio marketplace. Its design goals are to produce a player that incorporates the following characteristics: sound resolution, separation of the sound stage, a sense of power, and the flow of the music.

Hisoundaudio flatly states that it is their design goal to produce audiophile-grade players that are second to none currently produced! Quite a lofty goal, with a lot of tough competition in the portable marketplace to challenge their claims. Given this design philosophy, needless to say, I was very interested in evaluating the AMP3 and comparing it to a number of other high-end portables, as well as using headphones and IEMs other than the included PAA-1 earbuds (which were designed to complement the performance of the player).

For a more in-depth review of the Hisoundaudio design philosophy, one can visit their website at: [url=http://www.hisoundaudio.com]

Interesting. I can't tell if we just got spammed or an actual review.

No FLAC? Shit's wizzeak

True, but when you only have 4GB + 8GB cards, you can't carry that many songs using FLAC although FLAC beats WAVs as far as size is concerned.

And when I travel, I'm usually not listening critically, so MP3s can work quite well :o especially for a portable rig.

Everyone I came across at CJ that heard the AMP3 was very impressed by its SQ. Especially at its price. I certainly was and almost picked one up. Even goofily connected a pair of HD800s straight to them and it did pretty well. The biggest problem, that would have drove me crazy, was a seemingly very early, quirky OS/navigational system. Think a couple steps behind the first gen MobiBlu. There was talk of the next version being "much better." Has this matured?

It is said to be upcoming shortly.

Everyone I came across at CJ that heard the AMP3 was very impressed by its SQ. Especially at its price. I certainly was and almost picked one up. Even goofily connected a pair of HD800s straight to them and it did pretty well. The biggest problem, that would have drove me crazy, was a seemingly very early, quirky OS/navigational system. Think a couple steps behind the first gen MobiBlu. There was talk of the next version being "much better." Has this matured?