Just Bought NuForce Icon Mobile

Takashi

I don't see what the problem is. The OP bought the amp after reading a HPA review on it and he's very happy with it. Shouldn't this mean that his review did a good job?

I, personally, wouldn't buy something solely based on HPA's recommendation but if the newbies want to listen to HPA, why stop them?

While headphoneaddict is a nice guy... I would never buy anything based off one of his reviews :) Sorry headphone addict, but your threshold for liking things is very low ;p

Good luck though, maybe that shizznizzle is badass.

basing a purchase on an HPA review is like going to a movie based on the quotes on the poster.

wait a minute... are you suggesting that Pluto Nash isn't amazingly funny?

Movie posters everywhere just became offended.

sounds perfectly reasonable to me :)

Chuck Norris can read a HPA review from the beginning to the end without skipping a line.

No one said it wasn't a good amp (I haven't heard one, so I couldn't say), just that HPA's reviews are always positive.

Grawk, only the first and last post quoted above would be construed as constructive criticism. The rest is a team bashing.

Also this wasn't just based on HPA's review, it was based on his and numerous other impressions, HPA was the only one to really go indepth with how it sounded with the Denon d2000's which i happen to own.

There seems to be some sort of war going on :) you guys quit that until I burn in my nuforce and give a full review :P

Also this wasn't just based on HPA's review, it was based on his and numerous other impressions, HPA was the only one to really go indepth with how it sounded with the Denon d2000's which i happen to own.

There seems to be some sort of war going on :) you guys quit that until I burn in my nuforce and give a full review :P

Okay.

The burn in is going well at 24 hours ish, I have been listening to A LOT of classical music e.g Max Richter and songs with strings seem to be even more defined with the amp then without, they sound more.. real, tactice, i'm not sure how to describe it, less artificial I suppose. More later.

I agree with you addict. I also am a fan of budget gear and I icon delivers well for the price. I personally don't find it bright with my ipod but i have some hearing loss in the upper registry.

I heard it sucked. Who can I trust?!? Anxiously awaiting OP's review. :D:D:D

BTW: the review will basically be worthless unless compared directly to a decently built mini3.