JonBenet Ramsey

acs236

How many thousands of kids die or disappear every year with little attention. Yet this white child beauty contestant from an affluent home gets unparalleled media coverage. The way the media covered it made me sick. The moment I realized that it was a news story about Jon Benet Ramsey I changed the channel, the same thing with the attractive white chick that disappeared in the Caribbean.

How many thousands of kids die or disappear every year with little attention. Yet this white child beauty contestant from an affluent home gets unparalleled media coverage. The way the media covered it made me sick. The moment I realized that it was a news story about Jon Benet Ramsey I changed the channel, the same thing with the attractive white chick that disappeared in the Caribbean.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was chatting with a friend of mine last night before hitting the hay and he couldn't believe that they were still spending tax money looking for this girl. The fact that they found him in Thailand makes it even more odd to me personally.

I agree with you guys as well, for the millions of missing children we have in this country its sickening to only see media coverage when its a pretty white girl with blond hair from a rich neighborhood. It's unfortunate because I really think the media can help in solving these crimes just by getting the word out. I'd much rather see them spend a few minutes on as many missing children cases as they can instead of 4 hours on one.

Personally I think the 24 hour news stations are largely to blame for this, there isn't nearly enough real news for them to fillup 24 hours with so they just turn things that aren't major stories and make them headline news. It's a pretty safe bet that the majority of people who watch the 24 hour new channels are in the middle class on up so they tailor their "stories" to that market.