Simaudio Moon 750D

Hopstretch

Can find absolutely nothing else about this new hawt new box apart from the clip on Simaudio's own site, but thought it was worth posting just to give Dinny a stiffy. Looks dangerous, and expensive. But a kickass (universal?) player with properly implemented digital input would be pretty damn sweet. And eight 32-bit DACs per channel is, like, a whole bucket of bits man!

Screenshot2009-09-04at80239PM.png

I don't doubt that SImaudio stuff is built well, but at their typical prices, not much chance of me ever forking out for one :rolleyes:

Even if it is effing MAJIC-32 and has a 32-bit Hyperstreamtm uber pissing all over everything :D

I've always wanted to hear a Simaudio Andromeda (though it is probably getting a bit long in the tooth by now).

Edited by Pars

Shrug its similar to marketing a high end IcePower module power amp and the marketing literature is centered on the feature set of the modules. What's there to differentiate your implementation of the ess32 chip versus other dacs/cdps? What justifies the high price?

Doesn't mean the thing sucks, but it's not particularly informative and when a company does do a badass implementation its comforting when they talk that up rather than just count on the brand name.

• 4 weeks later...