DanJam

NightWoundsTime

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent - "had the worst luck at DanJam" award.

Thanks again for letting me use your laptop. The karma gods definitely owe you one (maybe 13 is your own lucky number).

13 is a good lucky number... but if you want to owe me, say, oh... 1099... that is acceptable.

;)

**BRENT**

P.S. Seriously, my Grados are for sale, as a set only.

I had 14 months of anticipation for DanJam, and it was everything I hoped it would be and more.

Man, you need to get out more!

Hope you get those JH13's. I think you'll like them... a lot!

Entertaining impressions, especially the part about Mike and Al being dirty hippies. Sadly, they were the cool kids when I was in high school. At least they've good taste in music, gear and beer... and, as hippies go, kind of fun to hang out with.

It was nice seeing everyone again, and meeting some of the new goons. I'm hoping to be in the neighborhood again sometime in the Spring, and will be sure to look you up again, Dan.

After 3 days of DanJam, 4 days of AtomFest, and a one day delay in getting on the road (due to a changeover of my trailer springs/hubs/wheels/tires), I had to do a 26 hour solo drive from Tulsa to Tampa in 35 hours. It wasn't a bit pretty, but I made it in one piece somehow thanks in part to an overdose of Vivrin.

The rig is now in storage in Tampa for the winter, although a road trip to Orlando via Miami/Ft. Lauderdale might be in order for a long weekend if the Florida crew is up for it. Any time is a good time.

Man, you need to get out more!

I concur. I'm sure you heard me bemoan over the course of the weekend that that was my first vacation in 8 years, first time to the beach in 12.

Hope you get those JH13's. I think you'll like them... a lot!
Indeed! Oh, hey, BTW... wanna buy some grados?

Entertaining impressions, especially the part about Mike and Al being dirty hippies. Sadly, they were the cool kids when I was in high school. At least they've good taste in music, gear and beer... and, as hippies go, kind of fun to hang out with.
Mike and Al are still the cool kids, right?

After 3 days of DanJam, 4 days of AtomFest, and a one day delay in getting on the road (due to a changeover of my trailer springs/hubs/wheels/tires), I had to do a 26 hour solo drive from Tulsa to Tampa in 35 hours. It wasn't a bit pretty, but I made it in one piece somehow thanks in part to an overdose of Vivrin.

The rig is now in storage in Tampa for the winter, although a road trip to Orlando via Miami/Ft. Lauderdale might be in order for a long weekend if the Florida crew is up for it. Any time is a good time.

I'm jealous of AtomFest. Especially knowing you were in your bloody Atom while I was in a rental Hyundai Elantra. That drive, though. I wouldn't want to do it. I've never done 26 hours in that time... my best driving effort was 20 in 24, but the last half had a buddy with me. Interestingly, my there-and-back was to Tulsa.

Nice meeting you... and we need to get you a CAKE cd, no?

**BRENT**

Mike and Al are still the cool kids, right?

Yes, very much so. I'm not often this genuine, but we owe a lot to people like Mike, Al, John and Jim who take on the big meets. Dan too, of course! (Oh, and lets not forget Aaron.)

I'm jealous of AtomFest. Especially knowing you were in your bloody Atom while I was in a rental Hyundai Elantra. That drive, though. I wouldn't want to do it. I've never done 26 hours in that time... my best driving effort was 20 in 24, but the last half had a buddy with me. Interestingly, my there-and-back was to Tulsa.

At one point, I was passing an oversized load going down hill at 82 mph (which is burying the needle in my rig) and the jerk wouldn't move over to give me an entire lane to work with. This was at about 9am after driving all night. I was literally slapping myself in the face repeatedly to stay awake as I was attempting to pass this guy, even though I knew I was tempting fate.

My left wheels went off the road and onto the rumble strips and when the back end of my trailer emerged in front of this other semi, it was wagging its tail vigorously back and forth from left to right, almost out of control. I completely backed off of the throttle but wisely stayed off of the brakes or it would have jackknifed my rig into a summersault. Of course, now the guy with the oversized load hits his brakes and finds the shoulder on the right!

Scary stuff. Note to self: driving without sleep is not a good thing.

But the AtomFest was an absolute blast! I "won" (hands down) the "Atomic Twister Award" which is granted to the driver who spins out the most during the 3 days of Atoms at Speed competition. My lap times were in the middle of the pack, but I cut the most grass. Sadly, I don't have any pics yet. I was so exhausted by the time I got to Tampa, I forget my "award" (such that I should be proud of it) as well as the CD of all of the pics of my car that were taken by the track's photographer.

Nice meeting you... and we need to get you a CAKE cd, no?

**BRENT**

Oh, ya! They're quite good. Don't know how I've managed to miss them until now. No real excuse.

At one point,... Scary stuff. Note to self: driving without sleep is not a good thing.

Yeah, that stuff's no good. I've had moments like that. Glad you made it back safe.

But the AtomFest was an absolute blast! I "won" (hands down) the "Atomic Twister Award" which is granted to the driver who spins out the most during the 3 days of Atoms at Speed competition. My lap times were in the middle of the pack, but I cut the most grass. Sadly, I don't have any pics yet. I was so exhausted by the time I got to Tampa, I forget my "award" (such that I should be proud of it) as well as the CD of all of the pics of my car that were taken by the track's photographer.
Heh. Man, an award is an award, right? Definitely get the pix back... I'm sure you know some way to make it happen. I take it there are a few of your twists, no?

Oh, ya! They're quite good. Don't know how I've managed to miss them until now. No real excuse.
I concur. And it's probably because you weren't a teenager in the mid-late 90s.

Nice impressions Brent

I know, I wrote 'em.

;)

**BRENT**

I take it there are a few of your twists, no?

There was one official photographer who managed to catch one of my spins (actually, my very first one). It happened right after I passed his station, so he missed my exit point from the track, but caught me mowing some grass.

There was also an official videographer, who later told me that he was following me all over the track trying to catch my next misadventure, but never managed to do so.

But there were countless other amateur photographers out there as well who have contributed over 5,000 photos to the event organizer's collection. He's been quite busy sifting through everything, and I'm sure there will be some gems in there as well. The whole event was a complete buzz! Where else can you slide through long turn-style-like corners at 85-90 mph? But like anything, it quickly becomes a blur and you're just left wanting more.

I concur. And it's probably because you weren't a teenager in the mid-late 90s.

I wasn't a teenager during the 90s, but I dated several of them. I should have picked up on something.