100 songs that defined the Noughties

Grahame

Love it or hate it, the music of the Noughties was inescapable, coming from adverts, video games and that newfangled gadget, the iPod. This is the Telegraph's list of the songs that defined the decade.

100 songs that defined the Noughties - Telegraph

Top 10 as videos on Muzu.tv

Telegraph Music Videos on MUZU TV

So this is what da Kidz have been listening to.

God, I feel old. old-emoticon.gif Where's Hopstretch when you need him.

Dear god, Amy Winehouse's worst song - about herself being a druggie and not wanting help - is at the top of the list. That's what defines this decade? I'd say the songs got worse as you went up the list but I haven't heard most of the songs below the 30th or so.

First thing I checked was what made number 1. After seeing Winehouse as number 1, I stopped reading.

You should at least check out the artists, they're not all bad. I say there choice for #1 is pretty brave, but not indicative of the quality of the rest of the list. I mean, c'mon, who here (besides me) doesn't love U2?

*raises hand* I hate U2.

I know a little under half the tracks on that list and there's definitely some good stuff in there. Doesn't change my opinion that the 90s was one of the poorer decades for music though.