Help with Broken Ipod

jinp6301

I have a 5 gen 60gb ipod that I've been using for a while. I dropped the ipod yesterday and it kind of broke on me. The audio outputs works but the screen outputs weirdly. I've dropped my ipod many times but this is the first time this has happened.

P1000775.jpg

P1000774.jpg

When I press buttons or have any inputs (change volume), right bars on the screen move up and down. I was wondering if you guys would know if this could be fixed with a new screen or if it is a bigger issue.

I've opened my 2nd generation iPod for battery replacement (now I'm not using it since the HD died and I don't feel like replacing it). Not sure if the procedure is the same as in newer generation iPods, but I don't think it's difficult. Having the proper tools helps a lot, but you can do it using a sharp knife, a thin screwdriver and a lot of care.

Some battery replacement kits come with the tools, which is a couple of blue plastic levers with a very thin curved edge

OWCNTBATINS3G.jpg

If it needs a new battery the Nuforce ones work quite well.

I have twice replaced batteries in iPods with NewerTech/NuForce batteries, and I will never recommend them.

And those prices they ask!

You can find Cameron Zino batteries on eBay, same extended capacities for all the iPod models, for half the NuForce prices.

And I do recommend Cameron Zino from my experience with them.

I have twice replaced batteries in iPods with NewerTech/NuForce batteries, and I will never recommend them.

And those prices they ask!

You can find Cameron Zino batteries on eBay, same extended capacities for all the iPod models, for half the NuForce prices.

And I do recommend Cameron Zino from my experience with them.

:confused: I installed the Nupower batteries, they worked without appreciable performance loss for more than two years until the HD started to fail. No complains here.

Steel Cage Match commence!

;D I don't think so, just was surprised for the reply by a complete unknown newbie getting here for the first time to bash something I've used without problems, and to shill something else :palm:

So your larger post count makes your opinion more worth than mine?

That is how you think?

I gave no shill, just my own experience.

And I am not alone making this experience, if you look in other sites.

So your larger post count makes your opinion more worth than mine?

That is how you think?

I gave no shill, just my own experience.

And I am not alone making this experience, if you look in other sites.

You didn't read your welcome message, did you? :rolleyes:

My opinion, like yours, is worth a shit in a site like this. However mine, and how other members of HC consider it, doesn't come from my post count, but for the mutual confidence we've built along time. In any case it's not important, I wasn't advising the batteries, but the tools that come with them to open the iPod.

I've opened my 2nd generation iPod for battery replacement (now I'm not using it since the HD died and I don't feel like replacing it). Not sure if the procedure is the same as in newer generation iPods, but I don't think it's difficult. Having the proper tools helps a lot, but you can do it using a sharp knife, a thin screwdriver and a lot of care.

Some battery replacement kits come with the tools, which is a couple of blue plastic levers with a very thin curved edge

OWCNTBATINS3G.jpg

I've actually opened my 5gen ipod so I have those tools already.

I've been reading online and it seems that the 6th gen (classic) ipod is much harder to open then all the others. Apple made locking tabs so the backplate and the face plate is much harder to separate. oh well :P