DEXTER

swt61

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[kai]x2[/kai]

One of the appealing aspects of the show is the authenticity with which they introduce new plot devices and story arcs. You don't feel ridiculous catching someone up on what they had missed explaining all the kooky stuff that happened.

The new season seems to maintain this quality, which means it will probably stay the best show on TV.

• 1 month later...
grawk sez learn spoiler tags bitch

Point taken, but I thought the purpose was to have a thread for those of us keeping up with the program.

And Elephas I had the same thought, but it doesn't really hold water, so I hope they didn't go that route.

Yeah, I agree that Anton as the shooter would be uncharacteristic.

But what happens to the character? He was an informant before, then a boyfriend, and now?

I don't like the relationship between LaGuerta and Batista. It just seems like unnecessary filler and distracts from the detective work and cases. Det. Quinn's relationship with the reporter at least has some gratuitous nudity and may serve some future plot development purposes. I know that Batista isn't going to the transferred away.

My guess is that Anton will get back together with Deb. LaGuerta and Batista are beyond my understanding ATM. Maybe some reason will be further developed? The reporter and Quinn's relationship has merit, and the nudity definitely helps her case IMO.

:D I do not think that Trinity shot Deb and Lundy though, so that's something to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...

See, I knew that LaGuerta's and Batista's relationship would be a non-issue. I didn't like it and thought it added nothing to the show, it was just an unnecessary distraction that filled up the minutes.

In fact, the recent episodes have seemed to be full of unnecessary filler. It might as well become a half hour show, running 20 minutes.

The whole delaying killing Trinity in order to... what, learn from him how to balance family and serial killing?, it's just too obvious that this is going to lead to trouble caused by Trinity for Dexter, Deb and probably another cop, likely Quinn.

Dexter becomes a less sympathetic figure if it is his own lack of judgment and obvious self-inflicted mistakes (crashing his car due to lack of sleep, forgetting where he put a body, delaying killing Trinity, killing an innocent person) causing the problems, not other people. So all these mistakes are due to having a family and now he needs to learn from Trinity? It's all just too simplistic and not really convincing to me.

Now Deb will go after Trinity and Trinity will see through Dexter's deception and retaliate, hopefully adding some excitement back into the show.

Actually, I'm thinking Trinity and Dexter are going to be having some bonding time as who they really are, now that the previews for the next episode show them coming clean to each other. Deb is going to get close to figuring out Dexters secret, or actually may. Quinn will factor into this. Kind of worried Quinn and Deb might hook up. Either Batista or LaGuerta or both might be leaving the show as they seem close to getting back together and caught or just caught up in the rumors of such. The killing of the innocent man may also come back to haunt Dexter, I have a strong feeling we have not heard the last of its effects.

See, I knew that LaGuerta's and Batista's relationship would be a non-issue. I didn't like it and thought it added nothing to the show, it was just an unnecessary distraction that filled up the minutes.

In fact, the recent episodes have seemed to be full of unnecessary filler. It might as well become a half hour show, running 20 minutes.

The whole delaying killing Trinity in order to... what, learn from him how to balance family and serial killing?, it's just too obvious that this is going to lead to trouble caused by Trinity for Dexter, Deb and probably another cop, likely Quinn.

Dexter becomes a less sympathetic figure if it is his own lack of judgment and obvious self-inflicted mistakes (crashing his car due to lack of sleep, forgetting where he put a body, delaying killing Trinity, killing an innocent person) causing the problems, not other people. So all these mistakes are due to having a family and now he needs to learn from Trinity? It's all just too simplistic and not really convincing to me.

Now Deb will go after Trinity and Trinity will see through Dexter's deception and retaliate, hopefully adding some excitement back into the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha, nobody posting here, I knew that everyone else was becoming as bored as I was.

Trinity as bad guy = zzz Not menacing or scary at all. No mystery left. Dude even tried to kill himself, and this is the bad guy?

Dexter as husband/dad = zzz

I think having kids around all the time makes the show lose a lot of excitement. Nothing bad is going to happen to them, it's just usual TV show business as usual.

Dexter's episode to episode victims = zzz

No more Anton or FBI guy = two less recurring characters

Reporter girl = one dimensional, get-the-story type (OK, two dimensional with the sex scenes)

Batista & LaGuerta's secret relationship = zzz

No way! C'mon, I might have musical tastes equivalent to a 13 year-old girl's, but that doesn't mean I like that Twilight stuff.

All those girls swooning over so-called "vampires", blech. They're not real vampires, they're cleaned-up romance fantasy-vampires made safe with none of the nasty liabilities.

I could go for an Underworld vampire, though.

Reporter girl just stepped it up a notch. I still like the show.

You're right, I posted that bored stuff just before watching S04E09, the Thanksgiving episode.

Now it looks like things are picking up some! S04E10 just aired a few hours ago, it should be interesting.

first the obsession with the Umbrella song, now the boredom with Dexter. what's next, we find out that Elephas has a Twilight tattoo on his chest?

No way! C'mon, I might have musical tastes equivalent to a 13 year-old girl's, but that doesn't mean I like that Twilight stuff.

All those girls swooning over so-called "vampires", blech. They're not real vampires, they're cleaned-up romance fantasy-vampires made safe with none of the nasty liabilities.

I could go for an Underworld vampire, though.

You're right, I posted that bored stuff just before watching S04E09, the Thanksgiving episode.

Now it looks like things are picking up some! S04E10 just aired a few hours ago, it should be interesting.

Besides, he thought the tattoo would be better on his ass.

• 2 weeks later...