With what existential crisis are you grappling right now?

Sherwood

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jut got a polite letter explaining why I did not get a job I was interviewed last week. I suppose it's a fair price to pay for people like me who hate loosing and are more curious than realy interested.

I'm so thankfull for being able to afford this kind of shit...:P

Amicalement

Jut got a polite letter explaining why I did not get a job I was interviewed last week. I suppose it's a fair price to pay for people like me who hate loosing and are more curious than realy interested.

I'm so thankfull for being able to afford this kind of shit...:P

Amicalement

Send them a letter telling them that due to the number of rejection letters you have received, you are unable to accept their rejection at this time. Show up there ready to work tomorrow.

Send them a letter telling them that due to the number of rejection letters you have received, you are unable to accept their rejection at this time. Show up there ready to work tomorrow.

Risky attitude since it was a 50/50 interesting position in an old university mental health research institute. First time visiting and to be honest I was feeling a bit on my Jack Nicholson side...:eek:

Amicalement

One of my hobbies is writing. A friend of mine is also a very good story teller. I wanted to share the following with you because it is a damn good short read and would like to dedicate it to all the DIY'ers here. The following was written by Stan as a result of a conversation we had about another forum member who enjoys woodworking:

When i was eleven, my mother packed us up and we took a U-haul from my childhood home in Oregon to Oil City, Pennsylvania, to care for my grandparents in their waning years. It was this rural area that taught me the truth about death, but that's a conversation for another time.

My grandfather was a dogfighter in the Pacific theater of WWII. He was the kind of guy who had a room full of medals and war memorabilia that he never entered, and told his stories, only on his deathbed, and only to my stepfather for fear of how the stories would effect the gentler, female side of his progeny. When i moved into his decrepit house he was old and arthritic, bloated with inaction and diabetes, hardly able to push out of his chair to walk to the kitchen and yet incapable of entertaining the thought of letting the farm go overrun. I was too young to understand why at the time, but he somehow found the strength in his aching bones to get out on the tractor, clean up the branches from the orchard, and check the array of birdhouses he had planted on the old farm, once an airstrip but now chest-high grass.

Behind the house were three buildings. There was a garage where he parked the lawn mower and stored tons of planed wooden planks. There was the toolshed, full of rusty implements untouched in decades, reflecting the inability of the farm to function anymore from the age of its owners, the age of its heart. And there was the woodshop where my grandfather spent most of his remaining time. His hands were weak, but steady, and I provided the strength needed to haul the wood from the shed to the shop. So he stayed in the shop most of the day, every day, building things. He built chairs and bed boxes, toy horses and birdhouses. I watched him build a lot of things, but was too young to get why. He showed me how to build a bird house, and we built one together, and then he died.

We never got along too well, since by that point I was already a nerd, a bastard raised by his mother on the weekends and by the school system during the week. I'm pretty sure the entire family is shocked that I didn't turn out gay. I could never shoot any of his guns, I'm not fit, nor military, nor did I understand why a man would spend the end of his life building bird houses. But now I know. And now his house sits abandoned, molding, and condemned, and I'm sure the orchard has overgrown the place where the trailer sits. His tools have all been stolen by a neighbor and we're having a hell of a time coming up with an impetus to get them back. The lawnmower's shed has collapsed, and the toolshed's windows are all broken, the kudzu growing inside. John's even told me a few of Bud's war stories. My memories of that sad, dying place have faded, but in my backyard are a windchime that rings with the breath of the wind, reminding me of the birdhouse on the back fence and why a man can do nothing but continue to build, until he's taken apart.

Just read the story and was moved by the content.....Good to reflect on and also to appreciate all that we have.

Family that we do not choose......we need to work hard in keeping good communications with, and the friends we choose in life to always let them know how much they mean to us.

I always tell my close friends to tell me how they feel, and not to hold back ''for fear of being misunderstood''

Guys' ''not all guys'' but a good number, hold back from telling their friends how much they are loved and appreciated over the years of thier lives, and only when they are close to death do they open up with feelings.

This is how I see it.....by telling those that are close to you, how much they are loved....you could actually play a small part in saving them from deaths door, and in turn help them to smile a lot more when you are not with them, when living thier daily lives.

We are all fragile ''no matter what some may think'' and we all have a need to be appreciated and understood........LIFE IS GOOD:D

Appreciate what you have written friend.

Kindest Regards

The following help provided by Robm321,

wikipedia_icon.gif Existentialism

, is a stage of development at which an individual questions the very foundations of their life.

I am fine with my foundations, of which can be a long story for many of us here.

However where I am now is a side subject, of which others ''hopefully can relate to, to some degree''

To finish off a dream goal of having for the first time my HiFi & AV systemsetup correctly, of which has taken almost 12yrs by April of 2010.

Things are coming together very slowly, but reading about others experiences has been very inspiring ''of which I deeply appreciate''

When I finally have my 2 AV Support cabinets made, then I will take a weeks annual leave to set all of this up.

Thank you to this site ''in part'' in making this journey of mine more pleassurable.

Kindest & Sincerest Regards all round.

P.S. never underestimate what you write and in turn what others read.:headcase::dan:

• 1 month later...