The LCDuino-1 I/O processor - by amb and linuxworks

n_maher

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any info about the ESS sabre chip (datasheets are not public, subject to NDA, which really rubs me wrong). But if the chip supports volume control via an I2C serial bus, then yes, you could do it. As for any of the other features you mention, I don't know what info is available on that board, so you'll have to do some research on your own. Some additional hardware may be required.

Yeah, I kind of figured it would work, but I forgot about the NDA :( Time to do some digging :)

If anybody wants the ES9008 datasheet, PM me, and i might be able to point you in the right direction ;)

yes, glt has done some work on the TP dac kits. he seems very interested and motivated toward that ;)

I share the same viwe as AMB on this; the NDA stuff rubs me the wrong way and so I won't be spending any time on the ESS chip. it may be a nice chip (never heard one, myself) but locking up the specs (and parts) is not something I agree with.