NoValidTitle

The Head-Case gun thread

I used to have a p239 with 40s&w, 357sig and 9mm barrels. Was a nice bit of kit that was reasonably cheap and very reliable. I've gotten to where non-standard calibers aren't a draw tho. 9mm and .45acp cover it for me, with 44mag thrown in when I want to aggravate my carpal tunnel

My first two guns were P239's in 40S&W. One was a limited edition. They looked and felt great in my hand, but I wasn't a fan of the trigger pull.

Time to revive this thread with a little shooting fun. Tonight's flavor was the infallible H&K USP .45!

Edwood says it practically shoots for you....

edusp.jpg

....and look, it does! His first grouping, on his first time shooting in 15 years!

edperfect.jpg

The more experienced Jasper994 gave it a run as well.

aaronusp.jpg

Man, it's loud. The big thing that got me was feeling the impact from the sonic boom of the gunfire in my entire body from even a distance, particularly in a indoor range. Kind of freaked me out a bit at first seeing as this time is the first time I've shot a pistol in over 15 years. (I think the last thing I shot was a .22)

But I was amazed at how steady and quickly it returned to center from the recoil, was very consistent and straight.

But yeah, quite a big "boom". Took some video of it too, and turned out quite well once I got the microphone levels set.

I think I have a new hobby now. :)

-Ed

(Dusty approves of the color scheme of the first three)

I actually thought the following thought before catching myself: "What color is that, gunmetal?"

Visited the family in Cincy for Thanksgiving and went to the range with a friend. Rented a USP45 there and shot with his Glock 17. I'm definitely an "H&K Snob" as he calls it. :)

If only I could convince my gun-hating wife, I'd love to get an H&K P7M8. Very interesting design and safety features. Although not a very good range gun given that the gas piston system makes it heat up very fast.

Very interesting little gun.

819a2_hkp7m8.jpg

Pretty P7

sdc10380.jpg

Bling Bling P7

4570.jpg

Chris's Unofficial H&K P7 Website

Nice 3 part documentary about the P7

YouTube - Best H&K P7M8 P7M13 video Part 1 of 3

Quite small, but since it's all steel, it's quite heavy. Weighs about as much as a full sized USP 45 unloaded!

Unfortunately, it's long been discontinued and is becoming more of a collector's item.

-Ed

Thanks for the gun p0rn. I would really like to get a HK Mark23 someday.

LOL, now that's a big fucking gun. More like a hand cannon.

But MK23's are not Cali-legal in stock form because of the threaded barrel. Sigh.

-Ed

LOL, now that's a big fucking gun. More like a hand cannon.

But MK23's are not Cali-legal in stock form because of the threaded barrel. Sigh.

-Ed

WTF is wrong with CA anyway. You guys need to have a revolution/rebellion or something.

All my firearms have threaded barrels except my S&W 637 and PM9, so I can use a suppressor with my Glock, Beretta, Walther, AR-15, etc. So, I guess I can never move to Cali. I thought suppressors were legal in Cali, so how does that work if you can't have a threaded barrel?

WTF is wrong with CA anyway. You guys need to have a revolution/rebellion or something.

All my firearms have threaded barrels except my S&W 637 and PM9, so I can use a suppressor with my Glock, Beretta, Walther, AR-15, etc. So, I guess I can never move to Cali. I thought suppressors were legal in Cali, so how does that work if you can't have a threaded barrel?

Suppressors are illegal in Cali.

-Ed

I've got an olympic arms ar15 chambered in .45acp that's fun at pistol ranges...

Can anyone recommend a good, fun, reasonably priced beginner rifle for solely target practice? Can't get a handgun in NYS until I'm 21, but I still interested in getting one foot in this hobby. Preferably a more precision-oriented one, I may end up fitting a scope. Something like a Remington 597 (.22 rimfire) is cheap with cheap ammo and includes a scope, but I could budget for a bit more, and I'm not restricting myself to .22 caliber. Perhaps a Remington 700 of some caliber would be good too.

I'm not a total newb, I can handle a rifle, just never owned one.