Fang's new orthos shipping

CarlSeibert

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered! Thanks for the head's up. Aaron (immtbiker) has been listening to them and has been quite impressed, so I figured it would be worth giving them a whirl.

Aaron and I have exchange PM's on this can and as you indicated he really likes them. JP#'s also posted positive impressions at Head Fi.

I quite liked them at CanJam and per other reports, improvements have been made, though I have no idea what that means. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

K3cT, I found the CanJam pair to be quite comfy, not as bulky or heavy as my HF2s.

Are they similar at all to ESW10's?

I quite liked them at CanJam and per other reports, improvements have been made, though I have no idea what that means. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

K3cT, I found the CanJam pair to be quite comfy, not as bulky or heavy as my HF2s.

Thanks, vicki. I suppose if I could live with the HF2, I will do just fine with this HE-5. :)

One big improvement was in the bass, there is much better impact - with the EF1 and Black Eyes Peas the bass is almost visceral. They also seem to play louder with the EF1 amp than they could at CanJam, maybe because the 28-30 ohm load is easier for the amp to supply enough current.

The earpads are nicer velour, like those off the Proline 2500 or K702. I thought the pads were a bit stiff and hard, but should soften up with some use. If they used the JMoney leather pads like the LCD-2 that would be nice.

Any specifics as to why you prefer the LCD2?

it had a faster sound to me and had a tone that was slightly lighter than the hifiman. This is more a function of my personal preference as both are outstanding and provide a Maggie experience in a headphone. I could see many people liking Fang's over the LCD2 like a grado and senn preference thing.