Fang's new orthos shipping

CarlSeibert

Thanks. I also prefer a leaner sound, but part of the appeal of orthos is they are highly mod-able, as long as the enclosures are relatively easy to open. I suspect one could tune either to sound very close to the other, given using the same pads. I think I read the LCD2 will come with velour pads instead of the leathers at RMAF, so they're one step closer to the RE5.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, they look better then I remember

Yeah, much more finished looking than the Canjam pair.

Nice, congrats. Impressions NAO! Is it good enough that I can sell off most of my headphones to own a pair? Is it? ? ?

Needs more bass. Dont get me wrong, the bass is good, but I would like more. Still prefer stuff like my SR007. If you want to come up for a listen though sometime this month, my schedule is fairly flexible. I wouldnt call it bright, doesnt hurt my ears at all, and it really is one of the best dynamics/orthos I have heard thus far.

When did you order those, Colin? Mine should be on the way to Tampa, if not there already. Matt, do you want to borrow them for a while?

I didnt order them. At Canjam, Fang told me he wanted to loan me a pair, and these are those. Arrived yesterday, but I only got home today, so this is the first I have had to hear them.

I could probably support a few people, but it would have to be a real minimeet, and only with people I know. As Dan and Justin can attest, I really dont have much space in my bedroom, and cant really spread out from there. Weekends work fine for me, I dont think I have anything scheduled on a saturday or sunday for the next month. Returning them to Fang at the NYC meet 11/14.

If you want to come up for a listen though sometime this month, my schedule is fairly flexible. I wouldnt call it bright, doesnt hurt my ears at all, and it really is one of the best dynamics/orthos I have heard thus far.

Mini-meet? I could come up if it's on a weekend.

Justin -- we could carpool, if it was convenient for everyone involved.

I think once you get accustomed to O2 bass, no other bass will do. Thus I will try to forget it exists.:( I don't mind a leaner bass anyway, as you know.

Mini-meet ftw. And carpool ftw. Does it become a real mini-meet if I bring a couple of headphones? :P I'd try to bring the CR-620 but it's effing huge. Definitely no space for it in your room.

The amp has both speaker binding posts and a 4 pin XLR jack. We were using my integrated through the preamp outputs to control volume. I left Marc with my passive preamps for that purpose, but I'm not sure how they're working out.

I'll be eager to see what you guys think of the LCD-2/F5... using a Pass amp as a hp amp is intriguing.