Fang's new orthos shipping

CarlSeibert

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yeah, that's no good. And there's no telling what shipping will do to it, especially if it isn't cased yet. The Hafler and the Yamaha will do a decent enough job in driving everything, I'm sure.

Dusty, tubes are good if the output impedance is low enough...

Edit: lol @ Colin's comment. Saves on weight costs.

Yeah, tubes can do just fine. The mentioned spud would have about 4ohm output impedance, plus the DCR of the transformer secondary (another 4ohm), and 375mA max current output.

When did you order those, Colin? Mine should be on the way to Tampa, if not there already. Matt, do you want to borrow them for a while?

Just saw this. When they show up I'm excited to have a quick listen, even if my MPX3 won't be too happy with their 32 ohm goodness.

Of course I could just pretend I never saw this, and since Wayne has given me no other form of notification that there are expensive headphones landing on my door soon I could just claim total ignorance on the matter.

Just saw this. When they show up I'm excited to have a quick listen, even if my MPX3 won't be too happy with their 32 ohm goodness.

25 ohms, and the OTL MPX3 claims to employ no negative feedback.

Input impedance: 100K ohm

Output Impedance: < 20 Ohms

Power supply capacitance: 1340 uF

Rectification: silicon

Power output < 0.5 watts

Usable headphone range: 16 to 2000 ohms.

Total distortion < 0.1%

Volume control: Noble

Input RCA: Gold Plated Teflon insert

Output Headphone Jack: Neutrik Standard Chrome Nose

Milled aluminum Knob

1/8" thick aluminum chassis piano black powder coated[

wat

The magazine as such, probably isn't a bad idea. Entertaining nonetheless. It all depends on what kind of papers do it, if opinions will be accurate and honest, and how much advertising pressure is allowed biasing the writings.

If they include divulging articles about electronics, acoustics, psycho-acoustics... it can even become an useful resource for many people.