ipod speakers

boomana

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using the Audioengine A2 for a few weeks with my Macbook Pro, and I am happy with them. They have a 1/8" input and an RCA input, with a volume control on the back in case your source does not adjust volume.

They definitely improve using some kind of stand to get them up above the desktop. And they sound nice with my iMod/PVcap dock as well, or at least better than using a pair of Velodyne Deco satellites via a Travagans Green 5 watt amp. The bass is not bad although I would like a little more treble presence - but for the $170 that I paid I am pleased.

They came today, and although I've only set up them up on an ironing board so far just to see if they work, I think they'll do just fine. I'm going into the office in about an hour, so I'll set things up and see how they really sound.

What's nice is that they're pretty small, but have a bit of heft to them. Each speaker comes in a soft bag, so you could travel with them if you wanted. Even from their ironing board perch, they sound better than the one-box ipod speakers I was checking out last weekend, so thanks again for the recommendation.

I ended up not taking them into the office today, as I had too much other stuff to bring, but I have them set up in my bedroom and am listening to them now. They don't cut it as bookshelf speakers, but I can already tell I'm going to be happy with them on my desk in the office.

Bah. I'm not so happy with them now that I'm listening to them all day. There is a real lack of treble and some serious mid-bass bloom that's downright annoying. They're still workable until something better comes along, but the search continues. If you have any more ideas........

Getting quality music at work is what originally drove me to headphones. Are you sure that discreetly wearing earbuds wouldn't be acceptable. It would be hard for anybody to even see them as long as you only wore them in your office. Tell your boss that it's to override the bad music from the speaker.