Hopstretch

The analog thread.

ehh...maybe

the CJ Premier 15 phono  with teflon upgrades is pretty good kit, as is the SME V arm.

The Technics, is completely modded:

12lb Mke New platter aluminum, bearing, bearing plate and copper SME armboard. Paul Hynes off board PSU.

The speakers are surprisingly good Paradigm Ref 100v4. I do salivate over the Paradigm Signatures though.... ;)

There is always the cabling game to be played a bit further....

speakers is the next link, but it may be a while before I can afford a substantial step up.

• Like 1

So, I brought all my vinyl home from TN. Now I need a TT. Probably a "starter" table for now.

Anyone have experience with this Denon, or the upgrade package?

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/denon-dp-300f-fully-automatic-turntable?s=recomatic
https://www.turntablelab.com/products/denon-dp-300f-turntable-ortofon-2m-red-upgrade

I really want to just buy Jeff's Scoutmaster and be done with it, but this should tide me over until I get drunk enough for a Prime Scout, right?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have not played with it - but 3 bills for a plug and play TT with ortofon - seems reasonable to play some tunes... (reviews seems pretty positive)

• Like 1

The plan should be to get Jeff drunk enough to let you have the Scoutmaster now and pay for it once your kids get out of college.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeymad said:

I have not played with it - but 3 bills for a plug and play TT with ortofon - seems reasonable to play some tunes... (reviews seems pretty positive)

+1. I had a Denon DD turntable with an Ortofon cart for years. It produced a tiny bit of background noise audible when the platter was spinning and the stylus up, but once the stylus was dropped, the music it made sounded very good. If that deck is more or less like that, it will make you happy until you get Jeff's VPI.

On 8/18/2018 at 6:06 PM, DigiPete said:

...speakers are surprisingly good Paradigm Ref 100v4. I do salivate over the Paradigm Signatures though.... 

I had the Paradigm Ref 100 v1 (which ages me) in my early audiophile stage, and I've always liked their house sound. 

Edited by robm321
Fucked up typing as always.