• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After many, many years with BAT/Avid/SME YG Acoustics systems this is what my wife and I have spent the last year building for listening to records through. VPI HR-X w/12.7 arm, and VPI ADS power supp

The horror, the horror. Basically this is the final Erno Borbely design. It is a current mode phono stage, where the cartridge looks into close to zero impedance. First stage with parallel J40/K170, a

Fired up the vinyl rig after two years - damn I forgot just how great vinyl can be Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Eh, my wood dealer at the time was Woodcraft. Since I didn't have a Woodcraft nearby, I simply ordered what I wanted to use.

I think the one tool that is a necessity is a drill press. The hole for the platter bearing has to be absolutely 90 degrees to the plinth. A hand drill would be an extremely difficult proposition. 

That's the problem, all the photos got nuked.

Resized_Screenshot_20201117-072111_Chrome.jpeg

Resized_Screenshot_20201117-072131_Chrome.jpeg

It hasn't been shipped just yet, but it looks like the re-tipped Zu DL-103 tests out pretty darn good. He said that it's pretty rare to get separation so close to a perfect 40 degrees.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, swt61 said:

That's the problem, all the photos got nuked.

Resized_Screenshot_20201117-072111_Chrome.jpeg

Resized_Screenshot_20201117-072131_Chrome.jpeg

It hasn't been shipped just yet, but it looks like the re-tipped Zu DL-103 tests out pretty darn good. He said that it's pretty rare to get separation so close to a perfect 40 degrees.

Looks great! Gotta love the use of the fozometer thingy to make sure the stereo separation is on point. 

(also, I believe that the unit is not degrees, but in DB, so the stereo separation from Left to Right is at -40DB (at least) which yes I'd agree is pretty solid)

Got the re-tipped Zu DL-103 back yesterday. Today I mounted the cartridge, set the tracking force, aligned the cartridge and set azimuth and VTA. The custom belt is due on Tuesday, so I'll check the sound then. My last pieces of wood for the new stand shipped today. should be here soon. It's all coming together.

1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2