Baby O

Deadneddz

You probably should have the headphones sent to one of the current HE60 owners like paabi1 to give it a once over now that SEnnheiser is claiming they can't test the headphone without the amp which as noted is bollocks.

Darn; just shipped off the HEV70 or would have sent to you. There are many HE60 users here and on Head-Fi that are not using the HEV70; maybe you should post a want-to-borrow ad.

Thanks for the offer.:)

Get them back from Senn, bring it to the upcoming meet on the 21st, and you can test it on my setup all you want. I've got a HE60 to Stax adapter, so you can see how you like them out of better amps than the HEV70, too.

I don't think i'll be bringing the HE60. Its either going to stay at Sennheiser until an HEV70 comes to test it with, or its going to be repaired with or without replacement drivers and that will probably take longer then the time until the meet.

Side note:Big ups to Morphsci for offering to lend his HEV70 to me. Thanks a ton Jim!

Wow, 18 months ago my HE60 drivers were $254 for the parts + labor and shipping, and when I sent my HEV70 with a 220v wallwart they replaced it with a 110v wallwart and didn't charge me for that. However, I had also ordered a wallwart from another department and I went ahead and kept both, just in case, since the 220v was actually dead.

I can send you a HEV70, and really (almost) don't care if you send it back, as it (allegedly) has an issue, but I could not be bothered to verify that (it sold, and was sent back).

The first thing that any he60 owner should do is lop off the POS Senn connector, and terminate Stax. Take your lopped off connector and make an adapter, like this:

he60plug.jpg

And, I'd definitely get the o rings, replace them yourself, or, have someone like Alex @ apuresound do it (he has owned 4 sets, and worked on another half dozen), and can do the termination. In fact, I could use a set of o-rings myself, though mine were replaced when I bougt them 3 years ago.

Wow, 18 months ago my HE60 drivers were $254 for the parts + labor and shipping ....
That was probably before they adapted the price to the declining exchange rate.

Maybe you missed it but the value of the US$ compared to the € did drop like a stone since the crisis began.

The price of the earpads seems to be still the old one though.They do cost almost twice as much in Germany, and the original headpad wasn't available here at all when I asked last year.They did recommend to utilize the HD650 part instead.

But who knows how many pair of replacement drivers are left at Sennheiser, especially ones that are still functioning to spec, since apparently they don't even have a single HEV70 for testing purposes.

Im not sure in Larry's case if Sennheiser USA had the HE60 drivers in stock. But as of now they are back ordered pending 4-6 weeks shipping time from Sennheiser in Germany.

From waiting for the HEV70 that Jim sent to Sennheiser for me, to possibly having to order driver units from across the seas, it does not look like this repair will be timely at all me thinks.:(