What are you reading now?

grawk

good book?

i rather liked the movie, though i understand that it's pretty different from the source material.

I highly recommend this book. You can find used copies pretty cheap now days too. This has become one of my favorite books I've ever read. This is in fact the 3rd time I've read it.

That's a pretty nice copy you found posty. That's one of the few faulkner books that I haven't read yet. Tell me how you like it.

ah, that was just a google image. my cover is actually different, its an oldie paperback. i love the few faulkner books I've read, and its honestly a shame I haven't read more. so far its beautiful.

i've never been a big fan of Faulkner's books (i find them to be kinda stilted), but i think he was a pretty able screen writer.

After having read a few Faulkner books I had almost given him up untill I read Absalom, Absalom*. It is one of the most intense books I ever have read. I was unable to read more then a chapter at a time, but still had the urge to finish the book quickly. I know it sounds very much as a contradiction, but so it was.

* I do hope that this is the American title as well, since I have a Norwegian edition.

ah, that was just a google image. my cover is actually different, its an oldie paperback. i love the few faulkner books I've read, and its honestly a shame I haven't read more. so far its beautiful.

I had to read Faulkner's "Light in August" in English Literature. Other than religion in 2nd grade, I think it was the only school course I ever failed.

You had religion in the second grade????

In Germany you have religion all the way till high school graduation but you can choose between Catholic, Protestant or ethics (if you're not Christian). If there's no ethics, you just get a period free. But especially in high school the curriculums were quite the same and mostly centered around moral and ethical issues, not so much religion per se. I think I might have learned more about Nietzsche than Christianity in the Protestant course.

In Germany you have religion all the way till high school graduation but you can choose between Catholic, Protestant or ethics (if you're not Christian). If there's no ethics, you just get a period free. But especially in high school the curriculums were quite the same and mostly centered around moral and ethical issues, not so much religion per se. I think I might have learned more about Nietzsche than Christianity in the Protestant course.

Thats pretty interesting. I think having an ethics class in HS is a pretty damn good idea. :D