What are you reading now?

grawk

Guest aaron313
It's a shame that david killed himself not too long ago. I liked his essays and fiction.

Reading that one, too.

I read his essay on Usage a couple years ago, and it fully ignited by passion for all things snooty in the English language.

Right now, only the Godfather. I read The Prince by Machiavelli and before that I read The Rum Diaries. Plan to start on Palahniuk's Snuff as soon as I get ready to grab a copy. Also waiting for Pygmy to be released...

I've just finished the first draft of a novel called "Pygmy," a dark comedy about terrorism and racism. The lead character is a 13-year-old foreign exchange student sent to live with a suburban, white, middle-class family. Oh, and they're Christians. The visit is for six months, and he's one of a dozen similar kids, all shipped to America to live with typical families.

The secret truth is that Pygmy is a terrorist, trained since infancy in martial arts, chemistry and radical hatred of the United States. He has six months to build a prize-winning project for the National Science Fair. If he succeeds, he and his project will go to Washington, D.C. for the finals competition -- where the project will explode, killing millions.

• 1 month later...

Read Stephen King's "On Writing". Required reading for anyone who ever writes anything OR reads. Or just loves reading Stephen King when he writes in his first person normal voice (his review of Ryan Adams' "Easy Tiger" is one of my favorite bits of writing).

Back to Stephenson's "Quicksilver" now, which I started but put down.

Read Stephen King's "On Writing". Required reading for anyone who ever writes anything OR reads. Or just loves reading Stephen King when he writes in his first person normal voice (his review of Ryan Adams' "Easy Tiger" is one of my favorite bits of writing).

Back to Stephenson's "Quicksilver" now, which I started but put down.

Steven King reviewed Ryan Adams? :doghuh:

• 2 weeks later...