What are you reading now?

grawk

fucking sweet! I never thought I'd run into another Stover fan.

last I heard, third book should be released this upcoming summer if all goes to plan.

Caine Black Knife is the title IIRC. It just came to me. Such a badass name, there is no way the book won't be amazing. Caine is like, the ultimate badass. :prettyprincess:

The Terror by Dan Simmons

51DC2gf0iLL._SS500_.jpg

One of my favorite writers, and someone who isn't as well known as he should be. Summer of Night is an all-time favorite book, and he's written any number of other great novels... I don't care for his fantasy stuff, but the the thriller and horror books his written are great.

Starred Review. Hugo-winner Simmons (Olympos) brings the horrific trials and tribulations of arctic exploration vividly to life in this beautifully written historical, which injects a note of supernatural horror into the 1840s Franklin expedition and its doomed search for the Northwest Passage. Sir John Franklin, the leader of the expedition and captain of the Erebus, is an aging fool. Francis Crozier, his second in command and captain of the Terror, is a competent sailor, but embittered after years of seeing lesser men with better connections given preferment over him. With their two ships quickly trapped in pack ice, their voyage is a disaster from start to finish. Some men perish from disease, others from the cold, still others from botulism traced to tinned food purchased from the lowest bidder. Madness, mutiny and cannibalism follow. And then there's the monstrous creature from the ice, the thing like a polar bear but many times larger, possessed of a dark and vicious intelligence. This complex tale should find many devoted readers and add significantly to Simmons's already considerable reputation.

fucking sweet! I never thought I'd run into another Stover fan.

last I heard, third book should be released this upcoming summer if all goes to plan.

Sweet! I'm another Stover fan, found him through his Star Wars work.

I'm glad to hear about the third Caine book, I thought it had gone forgotten. He'll be releasing another Star Wars novel this February, this time working his mindfuck on Luke, in the near-post-ROTJ era. Finally something I can look forward to :-\

Sweet! I'm another Stover fan, found him through his Star Wars work.

I'm glad to hear about the third Caine book, I thought it had gone forgotten. He'll be releasing another Star Wars novel this February, this time working his mindfuck on Luke, in the near-post-ROTJ era. Finally something I can look forward to :-\

Awesome, iceman ;D I also found him through his Star Wars work, specifically NJO book 13, Traitor (which happens to be my favorite SW book out of the 50 or so I own). I didn't know he had a new SW book coming up, so I'll have to keep an eye out...I haven't read a SW book since Stover's Revenge of the Sith.

• 4 weeks later...