Split Volume Knob Source?

Les_Garten

It'd be easier to just fuse the shafts together, wouldn't it?

Hmm, that would be one way to do it. The shafts are 5mm and 8mm. So your average 6mm Vol knob won't work. I suppose you could fuse together and DRILL Baby DRILL! But I would like to find the proper knob.

There's this, but I didn't check to see if it would work:

KN5700B1/4 Tyco Electronics / Alcoswitch Knobs & Dials

I'm not sure what that knob does but it is 6mm shaft size so it's not meant for these POTs.

I'm thinking that since the POTs exist, the knobs have to also. This looks like the POT that would be on the STAX amps where you have the two channels on that Balance knob.

What amp are you using for your new Canz? Congrats by the way!

Thanks. New pads that just came in are being installed today, I am still looking forward to receiving them.

I have an SRM-T1, SRD7pro, and my SRD7SB is becoming an SRD7 mkII of sorts currently. These will all be sold probably once I get the funds to upgrade to something better which will be early in the spring I hope. I'll probably build an exStata too even if just for use with the SR-Lambda. I am wondering if I can source the parts for a KGSS too still with what is in production, might grab some of Justin's boards.

I am wondering if I can source the parts for a KGSS too still with what is in production, might grab some of Justin's boards.

The only hard to source part would be the 2SK389's but I can point you to a source, you can use a LSK389 or just use matched singles which are cheaper and likely better matched.

The only hard to source part would be the 2SK389's but I can point you to a source, you can use a LSK389 or just use matched singles which are cheaper and likely better matched.

Thanks, thats great to know. The LSK389 are what have the reversed pin-out correct? I never look forward to matching components.

Happy to help. :) Once people start working on their KGSS amps it might be time to start a thread on them with the correct part numbers, tips etc.

I got my Boards this week, very pretty! I sent Dan an email about the 2SK389 subs. If you had the choice of unmatched 2SK389s or matched 2SK170s, you would do the 170s, correct?

If I had the heatsinks and could therefore link the singles into a double unit, then I'd use them but I do have a small stash of 389's so I continue to use them instead. The LSK389 is supposed to be better so I might just use that instead when I run out.

How important is it for the 389's to be matched side to side? Is it possible to solder in the LSK389 to fit that footprint?

Thought so, if you run across a Knob Cache, turn me on to it. Thanx!

How many are you looking for? I might have two sets of vintage knobs that would work. I'll have to measure them. Both are silver. I might have one set in black plastic with a silver center dot too.

I have a knob cache, but it's only the knobs from gear I pilfer for parts before I drop off the PCBs at the electronics recycling center. Mostly late-60's consoles and 70's low to mid-fi integrated receivers. I also have a friend with an insane collection of knobs from gear he has pilfered over many more years than I have.

How many are you looking for? I might have two sets of vintage knobs that would work. I'll have to measure them. Both are silver. I might have one set in black plastic with a silver center dot too.

I have a knob cache, but it's only the knobs from gear I pilfer for parts before I drop off the PCBs at the electronics recycling center. Mostly late-60's consoles and 70's low to mid-fi integrated receivers. I also have a friend with an insane collection of knobs from gear he has pilfered over many more years than I have.

Hey,

One set would be great!