Fucking Yankees

Voltron

As a Yankee fan, not only am I delighted by this win because it restores the Natural Order of Things, but I also believe that I, as a native New Yorker, am entitled to multiple World Series Championships.

The rest of you should, of course, continue to root for your silly little teams. They sometimes win it all, too!

EDIT: Well, except for the Cubs, they don't win it all, poor bastards.

You are incorrect sir, the most enjoyable time to visit Wrigley is when the Cubs are playing away. :D You could always come in the weekend before and see them play St. Louis on 5/29 or 5/30 if you were actually interested in seeing an actual game for some strange reason.

Edited by morphsci

EDIT: Well, except for the Cubs, they don't win it all, poor bastards.

2003 was painful. And since then we've ridden a wave of mediocrity as I watched the Red Sox (second longest winless streak to that point), White Sox, and Cardinals take a world series consecutively.

Baseball is not kind for Cubs fans. Maybe we're just fools.

As a White Sox fan growing up, about the only thing I ever liked about the Cubs was that they always sucked. Of course, the same could be said about the Sox, but at least they eventually won a World Series.

Getting back to Al's topic, I don't like what money has done to professional sports, but that's now the way of life. What really sucks is that it has crept into the collegiate sports (especially men's football and basketball) as well, although thankfully, it's less painfully obvious at that level.