Point and shoot camera recs

boomana

I asked around the office today to see if anybody had any great recommendations. The most common response was "naw, I've got a G10". One photographer said she keeps a D3 in her purse. Hmmm. She's well set up if the need to ever arises to bludgeon someone to death with her purse.

One shooter recommended the Canon Powershot SD1200IS.

Robert Duyos suggested a visit to Tom Craig. I was thinking the same thing. If you want to deal with a real human being who actually knows about these gizmos, Tom can be found at the Wolf Camera at Gateway in Ft Lauderdale. (Curly haired guy. Tell him Duyos or I sent you). His prices will be a little higher than Amazon or Costco, but the karmic advantages of dealing with a non-scumbag could be worth it. Besides, we know where he lives. (next door to Duyos)

Heres another good deal

Amazon.com: Free 2 GB Memory Card with Fuji FinePix J28 Digital Camera

$80 for a camera/2 gb sd card/case

I was going to suggest that as well. You can probably find a Canon or Panasonic with better image quality, but not near that price. Both of my P&S cameras have been Fuji (E900 & F100fd), and I have been quite happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey V, did you get the cam yet?

Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS 10-Megapixel Digital ELPH Digital Camera - Dark Gray in Point and Shoot Digital Cameras at JR.com

Use code PAYPAL20 to get 20$ off, bringing it to 129.99$ with free shipping. I think this cam was posted earlier in the thread as "approved."

Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS $129 after PayPal Promo code at JR.com free shipping. - SlickDeals.net Forums

**BRENT**