B&W enters the headphone market

blessingx

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dorkiest I've actually gone in public beyond as a one-time lark is a pair of 010's (which, by the way, offers more usable isolation than the ES series). Hopefully that establishes my dork-tolerance level.

It just pains me that there aren't that many socially acceptable phones which are decent and offer up actually usable isolation. As much as I dislike the mindless bashing on brands which aren't deemed 'audiophile', the Triports are not exactly the best sounding of closed phones to put it mildly, but it's a better compromise than many supposedly superior options.

Monkey's one

BadAssMotherFuckerWallet.JPG

He's telling me that the opinion of someone who has had likely thirty seconds of experience with it in a completely uncontrolled environment is authoritative enough.

Sounds like a Head-Fi'er. I don't blame the guy who posted at all, but Monkey seemingly wades in because I twisted his knickers somehow. I thought you guys liked to do stuff differently here, no? Or is it business as usual, but with added 'miaow'? naughty17hs.gif

One of the things that tends to get really on my wick is discussing consumer-targeted wares on enthusiast boards. On the one hand, it's probably the best place to find someone who's used one and can articulate their opinions beyond 'it's got great bass'. On the other hand... well, this thread is Exhibit A.

@jinp6301: From my POV, opinions gained from Apple Store trials (and Meets, although lets not go there) are kind of worthless from a sound aspect, but pretty useful from a handling point of view. Any plans to go back there? If so, I'd appreciate an isolation comparison between the Triport AE's (around-ears) which are probably out for demo as well.

So I went back to the mall today to buy some pants and stopped by the apple store to do the little comparo between the triports and the b&w's. Quick summary: b&w isolate way better than the triports but they do sound worse than the triports. The b&w's are just not transparent.

So I went back to the mall today to buy some pants and stopped by the apple store to do the little comparo between the triports and the b&w's. Quick summary: b&w isolate way better than the triports but they do sound worse than the triports. The b&w's are just not transparent.

But what about the pants?

Thanks. Hope your ass is happy if not your ears.

Well, it's already on order from my side, but I don't have to open them I guess. *Worse* than the Triport AE's? Kinda tragic. True, the Triports sound way better than some of the alternative recommendations from Bose-bashers on HF, but... well, you'd expect better.

I dunno. I think about giving up the search often. Seems fruitless. We'll see how the Beats get on... I'm supposed to be receiving them with the B&W's sometime next week. They haven't shipped yet AFAIK, perhaps I can cancel.

Edit: Awesome forum feature for acronyms! Love it!