2009 HC Holiday Gift Exchange

Asr

So I saw the thread Zanth started over at HF and thought hell, why not do our own CD/LP exchange here? I thought for a few seconds about signing up at the HF thread but I would personally much rather exchange with HC-ers over HF-ers.

Luminette ran this last year so I thought I'd continue the trend this year. Anyone unfamiliar with how this works can refer to Zanth's thread at HF: Sign Up! For the 2009 Annual Head-fi Holiday Gift Exchange! - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

This participant list can be found here.

The pairings are as follows:

4 50 Asr <> Torpedo

21 6 Fitz <> blessingx

11 3 Dash <> Aimless1

10 12 darthsilverice <> dBel84

44 35 shellylh <> MexicanDragon

33 52 luvdunhill <> veloaudio

39 24 naamanf <> grawk

8 40 Cankin <> nikongod

23 48 GPH <> The Monkey

42 7 penger <> boomana

41 51 omegaman <> tyrion

37 32 morphsci <> laxx

45 46 Sherwood <> spritzer

38 1 n_maher <> Absorbine_Sr

20 53 Elephas <> Voltron

28 18 Hopstretch <> Duggeh

17 9 drp <> cetoole

22 5 Genetic <> Augsburger

15 30 diebenkorn <> John E Woven

54 26 VPI <> HeadphoneAddict

34 55 manaox2 <> zippy2001

36 14 MoonShine <> deepak

29 25 jinp6301 <> guzziguy

49 31 tom_hankins <> jp11801

47 16 swt61 <> dreamwhisper

2 13 agile_one <> Deadneddz

43 27 postjack <> hirsch

19 Dusty Chalk

Edited by n_maher

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we should state what we can play: SACD, DVD Audio, CD, or vinyl. That way "Santa" knows what to get without worries. Also, why not extend this to t-shirts as well? I see a lot of people here buying music-related t-shirts, and it would be a nice option as well.

Btw, that head-fi thread is missing one crucial thing: does this remain anonymous, or will people be paired off? I believe that we should keep this a secret santa sorta thing. In order for this to work, there has to be one person choreographing (at random, preferably) who gets who. Each person receives an email stating the name and address of their recipient. That way, you don't know who's sending you something.

Just a thought!

Anyhow, Screaming Oranges: CD, SACD, Vinyl. T-shirt size: Medium.

I'm in like a virgin.

Wait, wut.

EDIT: ASR, just noticed your sig quote.

I think we should state what we can play: SACD, DVD Audio, CD, or vinyl. That way "Santa" knows what to get without worries. Also, why not extend this to t-shirts as well? I see a lot of people here buying music-related t-shirts, and it would be a nice option as well.

Btw, that head-fi thread is missing one crucial thing: does this remain anonymous, or will people be paired off? I believe that we should keep this a secret santa sorta thing. In order for this to work, there has to be one person choreographing (at random, preferably) who gets who. Each person receives an email stating the name and address of their recipient. That way, you don't know who's sending you something.

EDIT: ASR, just noticed your sig quote.

You can work out gift details with your exchange partner after you know who it is. I'll do the pairing off after we hit 11/30. It'd certainly be possible to do this in the Secret Santa method but then everyone would need to PM me their mailing address (for the people I don't already have info for). If you guys are comfortable with that, then why not. :P Edit: actually, I think we should toss the Secret Santa method. I thought about how to do it and it'd be too complex to coordinate with too many variables that turn it into a guessing game. We'll leave things as-is and folks can PM each other when we have the final list.