The Live Music Thread

Thaddy

• 2 weeks later...

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass finally posted the full lineup. Pretty great for a free music festival blocks from our house. 

FRIDAY OCT 6 (Noon - 7pm)

SATURDAY OCT 7 (11am - 7pm)

HSB Blues Revue featuring Sugar Ray Norcia, Annie Sampson, Chris Cain, Steve Freund, Austin deLone, Ruth Davies and Tony BraunagelOzomatliSteve Earle & The DukesMoonaliceTyler ChildersPatty GriffinBuddy Miller's Cavacade of Stars featuring Gurf Morlix, Bill Anderson, Lillie Mae, Dan Penn, Buddy Miller with The War and TreatyBlackfoot GypsiesRising AppalachiaBela Fleck & Abigail WashburnGillian WelchJamey JohnsonAlison Brown & the Compass Bluegrass AllstarsPeter Rowan Dharma Blues featuring Jack CasadyDan AuerbachWillie WatsonMidnight NorthJustin Townes EarleHenry RollinsThe Nth PowerTim O'Brien BandReed Mathis & Electric BeethovenThe Brothers ComatosePoncho SanchezNancy & The LambchopsThe Wood BrothersSam OutlawHardly Strictly Silent Disco featuring Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist, Steve Fabus, Deejay Theory, Tom Thump, DJ Phleck, DJ Tobiwan, Motion Potion, U9liftThe Go To Hell Man ClanRobyn HitchcockRobert Earl KeenSturgill SimpsonColter Wall

SUNDAY OCT 8 (11am - 7pm)

Jon Langford's Four Lost SoulsJello BiafraGhost of Paul RevereCourtney Barnett & Kurt Vile (and the Sea Lice)Kane Welch KaplinLampedusa featuring Steve Earle, Patty Griffin, Emmylou Harris, Buddy Miller, Lucinda WilliamsBig FreediaJohn PrinePoor Man's WhiskeyTyler ChildersJunior BrownBob Mould BandLucinda WilliamsSisters MoralesAaron Lee TasjanLukas Nelson & Promise of the RealDave Alvin & The Guilty OnesShelby Lynne & Allison MoorerMarco & The PolosThe FlatlandersNorbert Putnam and FriendsThe Sons Of The Soul ReviversCiaran LaveryThe Secret SistersLila BlueThe Brothers GibbHot Tuna ElectricOrnette's Prime Time Reunion Band featuring Jamaaladeen Tacuma, Al MacDowell, Charlie Ellerbe, Badal Roy, Denardo Coleman with Special Guests David Murray, Wallace Roney & Marc Ribot Weyes BloodEmmylou HarrisRandy NewmanCheap TrickThe Well Known StrangersJade JacksonWill DurstHardly Strictly Silent Disco featuring 4NR, Gordo Cabeza, DJ Alarm, Mophono, DJ Tyme, King Most, Motion Potion
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Went and saw 1000mods tonight.  Opener Telekinetic Yeti blew me away -- they had kind of a Royal Blood thing going on, except instead of bass, the guitar guy played a seven string, so it was just him and the drummer.  A lot of syncopated rhythms and unorthodox time signatures, so I was happy.

1000mods were awesome, too, of course.  It was their first time in America coming over from Greece.  I hope it isn't the last time.

• 1 month later...

I finished processing my recordings from The Monterey Jazz Festival back in Sept. and a few tracks from the 2016 festival too. That year I was in the middle of packing up my home in San Jose and dolling it up to sell so I figured I just combine the two.

If you go to my SoundCloud page I posted 6 new tracks

2 from the Joshua Redman Quartet 2016

2 from Regina Carter's Southern Comfort Band 2017

2 from a fantastic tribute to Quincy Jones with Christian McBride bass, Hubert Laws flute, Dave Grusin keys, James Carter tenor sax, Lewis Nash drums and Valerie Simpson lead vocals.

Here's a taste of Josh Redman playing in one of the medium sized venues ending 2016

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We saw Ry Cooder and Rosanne Cash play Johnny Cash songs at SFJAZZ tonight and I am a better person for it. We also met Rosanne in the green room, but not Ry, sadly. Here is Claire, her sister and sister's girlfriend with American Country Royalty. 

F580B776-35BA-4491-B9DB-7B8819AB9F59.jpeg

E842984C-2E3B-4EC0-9232-4065C4A3BC32.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1