The Live Music Thread

Thaddy

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that was great...until he got to the story of one song, about a girl he had a crush on, but I'm just not into you so I wrote a song about it because why not.  Put me into a funk for a couple songs.  But yeah, he's so good that I did get back out of it before too long.

EDIT:  I think it was this one:
https://naiaizumi.bandcamp.com/album/our-gravity-single

The track, "Dreamers", is what finally got me back on track.
https://naiaizumi.bandcamp.com/track/dreamers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw Michael Burritt perform this piece and others as part of the Beta Percussion concert series. 

If you get a chance to see him, go (he teaches at Eastman in Rochester)!

He is one of the visiting faculty in a week long workshop on writing for and performing percussion. 

I hope to participate next year!

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 3

scratch another one off bucket list... Smashing Pumpkins at United Center last night. 31 songs all from first five cds (except for covers and one new single), 3 of the 4 OG crew. hoped for this for at least 10 years, couldn't have been better. 

Edited by Aura
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Aura said:

scratch another one off bucket list... Smashing Pumpkins at United Center last night. 31 songs all from first five cds (except for covers and one new single), 3 of the 4 OG crew. hoped for this for at least 10 years, couldn't have been better. 

Nice!  Saw him...er...them back in the...90s?  Saw them for opener Garbage, stayed for the awesomeness.  Was suitably blown away.