The Live Music Thread

Thaddy

Damn I would love to see the Wu live. And that poster rocks ;D

a friend of mine's boyfriend is the promoter (Live! Love! Revolt! Booking). she told me it cost $50,000 to book them, so tickets are $45 advance. :o Its also on a worknight, and they probably won't take the stage until 11pm. But even with all that, I really have to go. This is probably their last tour since 8 Diagrams is the last album.

a friend of mine's boyfriend is the promoter (Live! Love! Revolt! Booking). she told me it cost $50,000 to book them, so tickets are $45 advance. :o Its also on a worknight, and they probably won't take the stage until 11pm. But even with all that, I really have to go. This is probably their last tour since 8 Diagrams is the last album.

Wait...wait...8 Diagrams is the last album they're making? When did they announce that? :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many months ago I saw Ludovico Einaudi in Edinburgh. Now my sisters just bought me tickets to see Jean-Michel Jarre in Glasgow for my birthday.

I really don't see enough live music, but St. Andrews is a it off the beat for tours and I often cba travelling.

i saw martin sexton was playing there. he's an amazing singer/songwriter if you can catch him amongst the pile of other great music acts playing.

I was trying to decide between Martin Sexton and Josh Ritter since I don't know either. I will check out Sexton if I'm up in time after the Lee Boys and The Disco Biscuits late night. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wilco

3/3/08

Mobile, AL - Mobile Civic Center Theatre

You Are My Face, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart, Shot In The Arm, ?, Handshake Drugs, Pot Kettle Black, (back to me? slow acoustic number), Airline To Heaven, California Stars, War On War, Jesus Etc, Impossible Germany, Wishful Thinking, Pick Up The Change, What Light, (some bside), Hummingbird, Via Chicago, (cherry ghost?), Walken, I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore: Kingpin, Heavy Metal Drummer, Box Full Of Letters, Passenger Side, Hate It Here, Monday > Outtasite Outtamind

:dance:

Cowboy Junkies - Trinity Revisted at Massey Hall. They played the full Trinity album straight through and then had the encore, so it was a good thing I took a wizz right before the concert started since there wasn't an intermission for pee breaks. Best part, Margo saying in between songs (paraphrased) "I'm not sure why people have 'To love is to bury' as their wedding song. It's about a murder-suicide". :rofl:

Wilco

3/3/08

Mobile, AL - Mobile Civic Center Theatre

You Are My Face, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart, Shot In The Arm, ?, Handshake Drugs, Pot Kettle Black, (back to me? slow acoustic number), Airline To Heaven, California Stars, War On War, Jesus Etc, Impossible Germany, Wishful Thinking, Pick Up The Change, What Light, (some bside), Hummingbird, Via Chicago, (cherry ghost?), Walken, I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore: Kingpin, Heavy Metal Drummer, Box Full Of Letters, Passenger Side, Hate It Here, Monday > Outtasite Outtamind

:dance:

I'm getting into that venue one way or the other. I can't miss this show!!!

I got a ticket :dance:

Postjack - Did Glenn Kotche do the ridiculous drum solo right on top of Via Chicago at the show you went to? That was definitely my favorite part of the show. Also, Nels Cline and the really young guitar player (on they right of the stage at the show here) did this sweet guitar battle thing. Nels Cline is absolutely ridiculous. He's so good :prettyprincess:

Also, they played 4 Woody Guthrie songs since he's from Oklahoma... it was kinda cool I guess.