On Bacon

The Monkey

I thought that was a bowl of melted chocolate.

Hmm, Chocolate Covered Chicken Fried Bacon ...... Now there's a thought smile.png

Also G you gotta get into baking your bacon buddy. Frying just never gets it done.

Chicken fried (Note the use of "fried" in the name :) ) , or just bacon in general?. Explain, pls thx.

Edited by Grahame

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You heard the latest food scare? There has been a cohort study by a group in Scandanavia which shows that if you eat two rashers of bacon or a sausage each day, your risk of pancreas cancer increases (wait for it) by 19%.

Sheesh - it had been a factor of three or something, it might have been worth thinking about - but 19%???

Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jan/13/bacon-linked-pancreatic-cancer-report

You heard the latest food scare? There has been a cohort study by a group in Scandanavia which shows that if you eat two rashers of bacon or a sausage each day, your risk of pancreas cancer increases (wait for it) by 19%.

Sheesh - it had been a factor of three or something, it might have been worth thinking about - but 19%huh.png

Link: http://www.guardian....c-cancer-report

And all the bad stuff with heart and vessel disease. Personally I think that is an insane diet

My 2c.... things taste a lot better when you treat yourself to it occasionally.

/off soap box

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sheesh - it had been a factor of three or something, it might have been worth thinking about - but 19%huh.png

Link: http://www.guardian....c-cancer-report

Utter bullshit. Nothing kills the pancreas faster than a high carb and sugar loaded diet. Hello, type 2 diabetes!

Ed - Bacon for dinner is never a bad choice.

Ken - Claremont ain't Santa Barbara; but it doesn't suck.

Shelly - yep I'm just a stone's throw from Rancho Alta-Wanda where you grew up.

And to stay on topic - since the Packers are out of it I think I'll console myself with a sip of Wisconsin Cheddar...hmmm, do I detect the taste of bacon?

dc4a5dbc.jpg

I went to high school in San Bernardino and also went to UC Riverside, so I'm familiar with the area. Yes, Claremont is an oasis and pretty nice. The areas around it are not so nice. It's not as bad as USC though. laugh.png

Edit: Isn't it time to rename this thread "Ode to bacon"?

Edited by guzziguy