Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live by the Broadway location and was a regular. Nice little store. A bit grungy, but nice selection of used stuff. Also used to be a few shops down from the city's best adult toy store ... For those who are into such things ... Can't remember the name though.

Great little neighborhood. Geographically called 'Lakeview', culturally called 'Boy's Town', because of the large gay population, so lots of nice restaurants and interesting shops. The Gay Pride parade marches right down that street and is something to behold. Only one neighborhood north of Lincoln Park, and just east of Wrigley Field, also worth a visit.

Chicago Neighborhoods Map: WildOnions.org Interactive Map of Chicago Neighborhoods

I've had a family situation come up and will not be able to attend. Unfortunately my presence is necessary and I can not avoid being there nor work around the situation.

Too effing bad. I had hoped to finally meet all of you attending CanJam and making some friends within the HC community. Maybe another year or another event.

Wishing all of you going the best of times.

al

I was really hoping to get to this one, but a conflict came up and I've got to go down to NC instead. I will get to another one of these if I have to host a DC Canjam myself. I may curse myself for having written that.

Canjam DC 2011 works for me:D

Sorry to hear you are going to miss this one,always cool to hang out with you Hirsch.

There are quite a few little record shops spread around Chicago. Off the top of my head, Laurie's Planet of Sound in my neighborhood, Hard Boiled Records in Roscoe Village (~a mile or 2 south of LPoS), Vintage Vinyl up in Evanston (which is right across the street from Audio Consultants if you need some Ayre power amps and Wilson Speakers while you're in town), 2nd Hand Tunes (also in Evanston), Dusty Groove which I've never been to, and the venerable Jazz Record Mart which is downtown. There also used to be a few more near Reckless, but I haven't been to them in years, and I don't know if they are still around.

There are quite a few little record shops spread around Chicago. Off the top of my head, Laurie's Planet of Sound in my neighborhood, Hard Boiled Records in Roscoe Village (~a mile or 2 south of LPoS), Vintage Vinyl up in Evanston (which is right across the street from Audio Consultants if you need some Ayre power amps and Wilson Speakers while you're in town), 2nd Hand Tunes (also in Evanston), Dusty Groove which I've never been to, and the venerable Jazz Record Mart which is downtown. There also used to be a few more near Reckless, but I haven't been to them in years, and I don't know if they are still around.

Thanks for the heads up although my wallet curses you, see you in Chi-Town

Thanks for the heads up although my wallet curses you, see you in Chi-Town

For any guitar players, a trip to the Chicago Music Exchange is worth the time and effort, and the snotty attitude you'll get.

Vintage Guitars | Chicago Music Exchange | Electric Guitars | Fender Gibson Marshall Rickenbacker | Vintage Guitar Dealer

Other neat Chicago things you should see that aren't on the tourist maps

http://www.garfield-conservatory.org/

http://www.hotdougs.com/

Nowhere else are you likely to find "Pear-Infused Elk Sausage with Foie Gras Dijonnaise and Mustard-Seed Gouda Cheese"

HotDougslogo_medium.jpg

hirsch, we're going to hold you to that: camjam dc!

Yes indeed! How many more locations do we have before potentially getting into reruns? DC, Boston, Dallas, Seattle, NC, perhaps Toronto?

http://www.hotdougs.com/

Nowhere else are you likely to find "Pear-Infused Elk Sausage with Foie Gras Dijonnaise and Mustard-Seed Gouda Cheese"

HotDougslogo_medium.jpg

Oh yeah, that has been on my radar and to-do list from the very start!