Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes!!!!!!! today is the day I need to start packing rigs for the journey to Chicago. 2 or 3 amps, a dac, two pair of headphones, a couple of hard drives, Ipad, a radar detector and a bottle of aspirin.

I also may tow with me my water boiler for tea and coffee, for pre noon beverages

Edited by jp11801

I thought everyone brought their own green coffee beans, portable coffee roaster, grinder, hot water heater and ceramic filter to make a delicious cup of joe in the morning.

when I traveled for work I would bring a portable grinder and single cup coffee maker and a half pound of coffee roasted the night before I left

I just got a pm from someone I've met a couple times, certainly don't dislike.....but.....asking if I would share my room with him. Is the room situation around the airport really that desperate or do I just put out the vibe that that's an okay thing to ask me (real question)?

I just got a pm from someone I've met a couple times, certainly don't dislike.....but.....asking if I would share my room with him. Is the room situation around the airport really that desperate or do I just put out the vibe that that's an okay thing to ask me (real question)?

is it one of the NY guys

You know, I thought I was particular, but I must also be a lazy fuck, because when I travel, I make do with what's available -- I don't bring my rituals with me. Thought about it; didn't.

normally I don't or have not in a few years but I did think it would be nice to have decent coffee/tea since I'll be on the road Wednesday to Monday

Sorry Vicki but it's true that the hotel is swamped. The genius that is me didn't even get a room for myself and when I asked last week she had nothing for me. I am local obviously but would have been nice to be able to crash after workin the event. However I agree that is weird to ask a lady to share a room IMO.

From what I have been told, the Hyatt is flat booked unless you happen to catch them during a cancellation. Our room block reservations expired on 5/21 so I do not even know what rate you can get. Also told that is the same story for almost every hotel in and around Chicago (at least the ones that book rooms by the day and not hour). There is some huge medical convention downtown that has been sucking up all the overflow.

I just did a quick search on Expedia and the Best Western At O'Hare has rooms Thurs-Sun at $64-$72/night. Don't know how far it is though.

Edit: There are also rooms at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, The Westin O'Hare, Rosemont Hotel O'Hare, Aloft Chicago O'Hare, etc.

Looking at the map, it seems that Doubletree is pretty close to the Hyatt and has rooms available at Expedia at $99.00/night. Also the Doubletree is a bit closer and has rooms for $129/night.

Hotels near Hyatt

Edited by shellylh

He asked me too, I said I did not have a room to share and felt no guilt doing so. I found it rather odd request, given that I've only met him a few times and like John I'm a really light sleeper and value what sleep I'm going to get.