Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that I nowadays I find myself more interested in seeing pics of all gatherings and people whose names I see on here than those of the gear. Someday I'd love to make it to one of these bigger meets to meet some of you in person but after seeing pics and reading the stories I don't think I'd ever be able to keep up. :P

The best part of the entire weekend was meeting and hanging with all of these wonderful people. I listened to some gear but mostly the time was spent chatting with all of the people whose names I knew from Head-Case but had not met. Everyone I met was gracious and friendly, despite their reputations here. ;)

So I would definitely suggest you go to a major gathering as these folks truly are the best.

Except Reks. He's an :asshat: (Just kidding Jacob. You know I love you. But not in an swt61 way...)

I just realized that I nowadays I find myself more interested in seeing pics of all gatherings and people whose names I see on here than those of the gear. Someday I'd love to make it to one of these bigger meets to meet some of you in person but after seeing pics and reading the stories I don't think I'd ever be able to keep up. :P

That is precisely why you need to get your butt to the next one pronto. You need to catch up. Come hell or high water, we're getting you on that plane to SF for Al's next meet.

What great pics, and what a great party I missed.

Are those B&W shots actual film, or a digital effect? They're really excellent.

They are digital, same camera as all the rest, processed in PS CS5. I didn't use any snazzy plugins, just basic curves/levels/color mixer.

Thanks for the pics, it's almost like I was there without all the obnoxious noise!

You did link one duplicate though (search on "liver transplant", the ones immediately before and immediately after those words).

That's what I get for staying up too late after a long day just trying to get these pictures done and posted. Here is the picture that should be there (and will on HF, once I get around to posting there, which is now a huge PITA, since you can't just copy/paste image links used here):

dsc5625.jpg

This is what it is all about,the gear is secoundary,you would be suprised how well you could keep up when you are there.

Great pics Peter.

those duck oil fries certainly looked quite fantastic, delicious and crispy. mcdonald's use to put a percentage of beef oil/tallow (extract) in their french fry oil. it did give the fries a unique flavor and more saturated fat.