Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally just got around to processing my touristy pics in Chicago before CanJam, here are some of them. Did not get to see & do everything I wanted even in 3 days and I'm already thinking about going back, maybe even this year in August or September.

ccj_01.jpg

ccj_02.jpg

ccj_03.jpg

ccj_04.jpg

ccj_05.jpg

ccj_06.jpg

ccj_07.jpg

ccj_08.jpg

ccj_09.jpg

ccj_10.jpg

ccj_11.jpg

ccj_12.jpg

ccj_13.jpg

ccj_14.jpg

ccj_15.jpg

ccj_16.jpg

ccj_17.jpg

Jewel performing at The Vic

ccj_18.jpg

Mike, if you can, just grab two of the cream sodas (1st choice) or Puma Kola (2nd choice), that would be great. I'm not really much of a soda drinker, and don't want to get in the habit, but it's kinda nice to have one when you want it, and like really like both of those.

ccj_06.jpg

Nice shots Steve. This one^ reminds me of a work trip to Chicago. I went and got some hot dogs at lunch one day when I was taking depositions, and I went to find a place to sit and eat when I realized there was some kind of music coming from that amphitheater. I sat down in the seats and watched a rehearsal of a concert involving lamas in orange robes playing their funky Tibetan instruments and singing, along with some kind of Western singers or something. The director was having a really hard time communicating and it seemed quite destined for failure at that moment.

Vicki, I get Sprecher sodas at my Sweetbay grocery store, so it's definitely not limited to those two places in Florida. Strangely enough, it's not located in the soda aisle but rather with the organic dry goods. I know you don't have Sweetbay down there but check around. Also, if you like real Ginger check out their awesomely unique Ginger Ale.

Actually, I was destined for a craft beer fascination, as I went through a craft soda phase years ago. I had a local deli that was completely packed with sodas from around the country. The owner and his family would take roadtrips with a large trailer in tow, and stop at local soda breweries to load up. I've had quite a few very rare local offerings, but my favorites are still the sodas from the beer guys (Sprecher and Tommyknocker). Tommyknocker Almond Cream is right up there with the Sprecher Ginger in terms of unique awesomeness.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

• 4 years later...

http://us.cnn.com/2014/12/07/us/illinois-furry-convention-evacuation/?hpt=ob_mobilearticlefooter&iref=obinsite

Authorities evacuated thousands from a Chicago-area hotel Sunday after guests complained that a noxious odor was spreading.Now detectives are investigating, and police say it appears that "an intentional act" was behind high levels of chlorine gas that forced the evacuation at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, early Sunday morning.

The hotel was hosting the Midwest FurFest, a convention where many attendees don animal costumes and "celebrate furry fandom, that is, art, literature and performance based around anthropomorphic animals," according to the event's website.