Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

I placed my reservation early today, and had the same issue. I could only get Friday night and Sat night at the discounted rate, with checkout Sunday noon.

I wanted to actually check in Wed and check out monday morning.

Worse comes to worse, I might place a separate reservation fro Wed/Thursday, but I was hoping to get the discount rate for all days mentioned.:(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al hit the nail on the head. By my last count we weren't even 1/3 of the way to the # of room nights we have to guarantee them so it is a definite screw up. I would suggest everyone just put it on hold for right now as I will talk to our representative tomorrow. I will update this thread and also send out PM's to anyone who contacted me that way once it is resolved. Since none of the local committee have reserved their rooms yet we will get it resolved

Check in is fixed. I used the web portal in post #1 on the HF thread to book my room with check-in on Wednesday and Check-out on Sunday and received the discounted room rate for all nights. It does appear we may be limited to King only rooms but you can request a roll-away bed. If you really need/want two double beds I would suggest calling the hotel directly and mention you are with the Head-Fi group. If anybody needs additional help changing any already booked reservations, let me know.

I just checked through with this amended check-in. The options which existed for rooms with 2 double or 2 kingsize beds have now vanished (never saw any option for 2 singles). Are there no 2 person, 2 bed type rooms left then? Even If I try to book for 4 people in one room the only option is a single kingsize bed. Don't get me wrong, it'd be like camping. But I prefer to camp in a spacious tent.

If a single room with a double size bed (and a campbed if 4 persons is open as an option) is the choice left. It works out cheaper to split the room for 4 people than for 2.

Edited by Duggeh

I just checked through with this amended check-in. The options which existed for rooms with 2 double or 2 kingsize beds have now vanished (never saw any option for 2 singles). Are there no 2 person, 2 bed type rooms left then? Even If I try to book for 4 people in one room the only option is a single kingsize bed. Don't get me wrong, it'd be like camping. But I prefer to camp in a spacious tent.

If a single room with a double size bed (and a campbed if 4 persons is open as an option) is the choice left. It works out cheaper to split the room for 4 people than for 2.

The best thing may be to call the hotel directly. Because of the time difference, PM me the dates you are interested in and what room type you are interested in and I will check into it for you. There is an option for a rollaway bed also.

Hm, should I cancel and re-reserve? Something tells me I should just leave it.

Same advice as above. Call the hotel directly and have them modify it for you. Call during normal business hours so that if the person on duty is clueless you can ask to speak with Alissa Robinson. She is our designated representative and should be able to handle it. If worse comes to worse you can simply cancel and start from scratch. I see no problem with our room block filling up any time soon.