Audiophile Chairs

blessingx

• 2 weeks later...

The most comfortable chairs in my home. They are the chairs everyone who visits wants to sit in, and they never give them up. The tension adjustment can be a problem area (easy to repair). Leather quality could be better but they have held up remarkably well.

The real question is would buy them again? Yep.

I sit on a single wooden dowel, to avoid as much reflection as is possible. Of coarse it's Walnut (Fir or Poplar just won't do for Dr. Wood). I like to round over the top end for ease of entry, and a poly finish is a must for cleanliness.

As a warning, we've all heard of port chuffing... well this may cause some port chafing. :eek:

I sit on a single wooden dowel, to avoid as much reflection as is possible. Of coarse it's Walnut (Fir or Poplar just won't do for Dr. Wood). I like to round over the top end for ease of entry, and a poly finish is a must for cleanliness.

As a warning, we've all heard of port chuffing... well this may cause some port chafing. :eek:

Well that is just simply disturbing. Really.

Walnut? Not nearly dense enough. Maple, possibly. But certainly not walnut. Besides, both walnut and cherry for that matter will add their unique colorations to the sound.:chair:

And I do hope that we migrate this discussion back to the aeron chair.....a much less disturbing picture. Though I do usually sit in a copy of the less expensive herman miller chair mentioned earlier - the Ergon3 not as comfortable as the Stressless Recliner that I would like to afford, but a pretty good desk chair, especially for the price.

I've had an ekornes for about 20 years. Love it a lot. Every 6 months

i have to get out the tool kit and tighten up the main hexhead bolts that

hold the thing together. Every time you rock it back and forth, the bolts

come loose a bit. If they come out all the way, you need another person

to hold it place otherwise you can't force it back together.

Leather finally wearing a bit after 20 years.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but that wont stop me from bragging about my new chair. Unfortunately it is not a Herman Miller or Vitra. If it was I would own a nice chair but no audio equipment to use while I sit in it. It is still nice however. I will replace it in maybe 5 years with a real one. Hopefully by then I will have graduated and have a job. I was about to say a real job, but I currently don't work. Any job would be an improvement to my financial status.

af156f5b_DSC_0001.jpeg