blessingx

Audiophile Chairs

55 posts in this topic

It's a knockoff herman miller eames lounge chair. I'm actually seriously considering getting one of those myself. BJ's has em for $399.

I would recommend sitting in one before buying it. I bought mine blind because I love the Eames' design. I was a bit underwhelmed the first day. This is not the type of chair you sink into. However with a few more days of use, it has really grown on me. I don't regret the decision and really enjoy the chair, but would highly recommend you try one out before buying it. I could see it not being for everyone.

I use to have an Eames knock off many years ago - really liked it as a listening chair. Would like to get a real one someday, just need more income. :)

I use a Ikea poang right now... works well.

Posted (edited)

back from the dead - rise thread rise !

Any new thoughts on this topic? I use an Ikea poang now but find it really bothers my forearms and elbows during long sessions in a way that Mike's Eames knock off did not. 

Look at a knock off/reproduction Eames any suggestions - the Manhattan Design version looks really good but on the pricier end for a knock off.  http://www.manhattanhomedesign.com/eames-lounge-chair-and-ottoman.html

Edited by jp11801
1 person likes this