So what's everyones beef with the K701's?

Chekhonte

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about trying your hand at grilling inside the house? It'll be fun trying to not have the smoke detector constantly go off, your house burn down, everything get covered in soot/grease, death caused by oxygen deprivation, etc etc.

I guess waiting would be a better idea for us both. I've got a stockpile of "beef" patties that was supposed to be for my birthday 1.5 years ago that I have yet to use.

How about trying your hand at grilling inside the house? It'll be fun trying to not have the smoke detector constantly go off, your house burn down, everything get covered in soot/grease, death caused by oxygen deprivation, etc etc.

I guess waiting would be a better idea for us both. I've got a stockpile of "beef" patties that was supposed to be for my birthday 1.5 years ago that I have yet to use.

When I lived in Illinois there were reports every winter of families dieing from asphyxiation trying to heat their house with a grill.

And beefy, we're coming from you.

Just picked up a pair of K701s recently (my second time owning them). I have a recabled pair this time and I can't really say if that makes a difference or not but I think they are keepers now. I do agree that they need a half decent amp to sound good. After listening to these for 2 weeks I can say that these headphones sound like they try to stay out of the way as much as possible..almost as if they are indifferent to the music. I have the K1000 and K340 and after using the K701 and switching to either phone I really notice their strengths and weaknesses (K340 - amazing mids and very natural sounding but soundstage not as open ; K1000 - sounds faster, more engaging, soundstage is bigger, but the bass though punchy does not extend as low).

Mmm, beef.

So Matt, I presume your new K701 is a fairly high S/N? I know I just hated my low S/N, been tempted to try one again at some point, but havnt quite cared enough to yet.

Relative to the most recent serial numbers that most acquire if purchased new mine are actually somewhat low. I think AKG has reached the 20000-30000 mark right now (or above). Mine are around 7000. My last K701 was around 1000 if my memory is correct.

I just put " - " in front of my serial. Mine were made over over 13.7 billion years ago. The voice coils were forged by elves inside of the great singularity. The diaphragm is made from the foreskin of Chaos, the oldest and fiercest of gods that existed before there was anything. I'm selling them for 200 shipped OBO.

I just put " - " in front of my serial. Mine were made over over 13.7 billion years ago. The voice coils were forged by elves inside of the great singularity. The diaphragm is made from the foreskin of Chaos, the oldest and fiercest of gods that existed before there was anything. I'm selling them for 200 shipped OBO.

I'm not gonna lie, you know damn well how to sell a headphone.

Do you find that the diaphragms tighten up if you play Diana Krall?

Wait, tighten up as in stretch out or shrink in?