Would anybody be interested in a ceramic headphone stand?

Chekhonte

I've been thinking about how to go about this. I shouldn't have a problem with making it but firing it is another story. Ceramics don't like to be rigid. When you roll out a slab the way in which the platelets compress together causes them to want to warp in the firing process. I'll definitely try it but if it turns out wonky I'll send you a picture and if you don't want it, I won't take it personally at all. I'm really doing this because I need to practice my technique and figured I could make some stuff that people might want and won't just go in the garbage when I'm done.

Do you happen to know if a template can be found for each plane? That sure would make it easier.

I can look around for the templates, but I does not have to be composed of separate slabs I guess, juts look kinda like this so I just making ridges or cutting a way strips of clay in a round head might work :) I am just speculating, my ceramic class was like 15 years ago in college and all I made was two pots :P

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't updated this in a while since school started and I've been busy as all hell. The stands are well on their way but haven't gone through the first firing yet. I'm waiting until I have a full kiln load and will fire them all together. They're coming along nicely, I spent the last part of winter break study faces and they're coming out a little more resolved. I can't say when they'll be finished and ready to ship but probably in a month or two.

If anybody decides to back out, I won't be offended. I would have made something anyway and these projects to me are just to improve my skills.

I haven't updated this in a while since school started and I've been busy as all hell. The stands are well on their way but haven't gone through the first firing yet. I'm waiting until I have a full kiln load and will fire them all together. They're coming along nicely, I spent the last part of winter break study faces and they're coming out a little more resolved. I can't say when they'll be finished and ready to ship but probably in a month or two.

If anybody decides to back out, I won't be offended. I would have made something anyway and these projects to me are just to improve my skills.

Did you try to make a kunstkopf stand? :P