2/27/2010 NorCal Meet

jp11801

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the flight options which are unexpectedly cheap. :eek: So can I assume the location will be a hotel and will also most likely have an SFO shuttle? It might be tricky juggling this with Axpona the following weekend but I might just join in also....

Also I think the year is off in the thread title. :P

When I was at the Englander the other day, I actually thought we could make it work. We might need to have a door monitor, but if we split up that duty it could work. The only other problem is the power outlets and capacity. That might sink it.... I think JP was going to talk to the owner and investigate further.

the primary issue with the Englander is the revenue they seek is from food and beverage in the room as we are displaying in that room the revenue is an issue. The charge for the room is a pretty reasonable $400 though. The other option is to take a second room and have the food an beverage served their. Has anyone run a meet that had a single outlet per wall for say 4 rigs per wall? So that would be say 2 amps and 2 sources on a single outlet fed to a powerstrip. Not sure that we had much more than that at the meet we did at the coffee shop in San Leandro though.

It would be really important though that all food and beverage be consumed in the second room as the room charge = crap we consume - $400 per room

Guess I'll have to take one for the team and have lunch and a pliny there today.

What a martyr! I could bring the Shunyata and we could put lots of stuff coming out of those 8 outlets, and others probably have similar power conditioners/strips. As long as food ordered and consumed outside the room counts for the room cost, I cannot imagine that we won't eat and drink that much. Plus, a hotel room will cost more and we just have to get donations for that purpose. This way, we get a room plus food and drinks!