Driver for mid production K1000

mrarroyo

Damn yeah that's hardcore and requires super steady hands. There's probably no way you can use some sort of helping hands for fear of further ripping the wire. Best of luck in the crazy repair job.

Completely unrelated, but I've been experimenting with toe in and currently think that I like it fairly open, I think right around the halfway point from maximum. Closing it in too far causes the bass to be muddy and unresolving and the treble to be metallic and rolled off and everything to be congested and slow. The best solution imo is to have it open pretty far out and have an amplifier that can bring out the bass.

Edit: Whoops, too slow.:P Looking good!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! That's really nice work, actually pretty incredible given the size of the original wire! I'll have to stick with wood, as that's beyond my capabilities for certain.

I see the overspray you were referring to. It's a damn shame the way some people treat their gear.

Justin that's close to where I like my toe out as well. Maybe about 40% out.

Edited by swt61

Well I just reinstalled the diaphragm and glued it in place, and soldered the voice coil wires back down to the posts, and so far everything looks good. I'm going to let the glue dry overnight before I run some test tones through it to make sure it's properly centered in the gap, but I feel no rubbing when moving it by hand, and I get normal readings for DC resistance on the voice coil, so I'm going to go ahead and say the operation was successful. :)

On the subject of earspeaker position, that sounds about where I've settled on positioning mine. I initially preferred them all the way out, until I got used to the way the K1000 images.

Awesome work there Fitz! I can now see the paint overspray as well, I just can not believe someone would use this kind of headphone while painting. Utterly crazy, both the use while painting by a previous owner and the detailed "surgery repair" you have done.

Hellsing is one of the few animes I really liked (although nothing like as much as [most of] Last Exile]). Whereas I do not know this wide mouthed frog of a girl at all.

Irrespective of vampire combat though, I should wager that in Mariokart 64, there would be a long finish in front for myself or Fitz.

i get the fascination. i just decided that i'd rather spend money on japanese kitchen knives than japanese anything else.

Meh, knives are probably a more reasonable expenditure, but I don't really cook much. I don't even want to think about how much my anime DVD collection actually cost though, at some 500 or so discs.

That's like my favorite one. :( You didn't forget to watch the movies, did you?

I like (some) Japanese headphones...

It's fun to drop EoE on unsuspecting people... their brain just doesn't work right for a few days.

It's fun to drop EoE on unsuspecting people... their brain just doesn't work right for a few days.

My brain didn't work right the first time around even after I had already watched through all of the episodes, including 25 and 26. In fact, I think it still doesn't work right (though not specifically because of EoE).

Must watch again....

ayayayayyayayayayayayayayaya

Yah it's kind of like that, but with more sobs and curling up in the fetal position shouting "Why?! Why?!".

My brain didn't work right the first time around even after I had already watched through all of the episodes, including 25 and 26. In fact, I think it still doesn't work right (though not specifically because of EoE).

Must watch again....

Yah it's kind of like that, but with more sobs and curling up in the fetal position shouting "Why?! Why?!".

The worst idea I ever had was watching all of .. that ... right before finals. I have no idea how I passed or what happened 48 hours after the watching of ... that ...