Happy New Year

Spiug31

I dont like what people are calling the last decade (aughts), and the lack of consensus about what to call the next one.

I just don't like hearing about this 'last decade' when the decade in question doesn't actually end for another year. I don't know why it bothers me, it just does. Predictably, I had similar experience at the end of year 2000.

In any case, happy new year to all.

I just don't like hearing about this 'last decade' when the decade in question doesn't actually end for another year. I don't know why it bothers me, it just does. Predictably, I had similar experience at the end of year 2000.

Bugs me too, don't know why...

it's just whether you assign zero or one when counting. starting at zero makes as much sense to me but recalling passage of events is really up to the memory of each individual and of course counting from zero can be just as arbitrary as counting from 1.

IMO there is far more going on than I can list, therefor recollection is cherry picking at best ;D