Custom IEM help/suggestions

n_maher

I'm finding more and more that the profile of the Etys is interfering with my enjoyment of them. Allow me to explain a bit. I primarily use these headphones for listening while I'm doing yardwork (mowing), riding the motorcycle (at low levels so I can still hear the world) and while reading. The fact that the Etys protrude quite a bit outside my actual ear when properly inserted is causing some discomfort and annoyance. So what I'm wondering is what would be the cheapest route to custom-insert IEMs? The least-expensive commercial product that I've found is the UE-5c's and at $550 they are well beyond what I'm willing to spend. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I did consider this and have not ruled it out fully. I would like to hear what others think of this and it would of course be great if someone had actually done it before. My concern is that the driver housing/tube of the Ety is still pretty long even without the wired connection. For example Sensaphonics provides a "sleeve" option but it doesn't look like this would at all adress what I'm trying to do. Westone might be the answer (Headroom metions them in their Ety description) so I'll probably drop them an email to see what services they offer.