Can't argue with $20

Currawong

Some random at the other place wrote a review on some seemingly well-constructed cables off of eBay. I was most pleased to see the can't-argue-with price of $18 and $20 for them, considering they have the requisite magic wire, dielectric etc. Thought you guys and girls might like link (to the seller, not the review). I think I'll blow the grand sum of $50 on a pair of each (inc. shipping to Japan) and see what they can do for me compared to my more expensive magic wire.

I've got small quantities of those kinds of wire in my supplies, nice for use as shielded hookup wire but too stiff for my tastes when used as an interconnect. If there's enough interest though I'd gladly hunt down a few spools and make some ugly cables like that to sell cheaper than my braided & sleeved cables, since it'd cost significantly less in time and materials to make. :P

I remember the feet from back in the day. At a buck a foot, I'll be snarfing some up for amps and whatnot. Who hoo.

I might go for one of the cables, too. I could compare it with my own solid silver ones. There's 20 bucks worth of parts in one of my cables, which I thought were the cheapest in the whole world.

''That isn't a misprint. The materials and labor alone are worth more...''

(From the seller Ebay marketing plan)

OK with the simplyphysics part but I have always problems with simplyeconomics...;)

It's quite scary to think about the cost of 'high end' cables. Just how much money are they making?

I ordered some feet and cups as well. I knew it was Rick Roberts when I saw the SimplyPhysics link. Are they going out, or is he just liquidating older product? I don't think SimplyPhysics has been real active the last few years, but I could be wrong. I have one of their IsoDrives in one of my CD players and still like it.